Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Speak No Evil....


You know…I can’t take a day off that someone isn’t spinning The Rumor Mill in my absence.

Ralph came home from work this morning and proceeded to jump on me (and there’s nothing I love more than a fight first thing in the morning!) because a "little bird" told him that one of my front desk co-workers told the bird that I have been telling people that “front desk clerks start out at $10/hour.” He says that I shouldn’t be talking about other peoples’ salaries. I agree. I NEVER said those things.

For Pete’s sake…I have a piece of paper that says I’ve been out of high school for 16 years now…WHY on Earth do people want to play these immature games? Gawd, office politics pisses me off!

#1 – It’s none of anyone’s business what anyone else makes and the ONE TIME I let loose with a Freudian slip to one of my co-workers about how much a certain dept. head made and she lost her cool – THAT was a mistake. I admit it, I don’t have confirmation on what I said and I AM SORRY I ever said it…but like I said…it was a slip, an accident and I APOLOGIZE (like I already did to the person I said it to).

#2 – I will ADMIT to things I either said or didn’t say. I have NOTHING to hide and I don’t gossip behind people’s backs or make up stories to try to make myself seem better than other people. I NEVER SAID ANYONE MAKES $10/ HOUR AT THE DESK…Hell, I DON’T EVEN MAKE THAT MUCH and I’ve got 19 years of customer service experience!!!! I just don’t make it a point to go around spouting misinformation. I am ALL about the facts and ONLY the facts...I don't care if we're talking about salaries or the war in Iraq or what a ho' Martha Stewart is....JUST THE FACTS.

#3 – If you don’t like me – JUST TELL ME YOU DON’T LIKE ME. And please don’t ACT like you DO like me to my face. We don’t have to love each other, but we have a job to do to serve the guests who come to stay with us and that’s THAT. Don’t twist my words around and don’t put words in my mouth that were never there to begin with…savvy?

I have to go back to work today (Oh Joy)…I just hope that THIS weekend is better than last weekend!

2 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, November 09, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl... you can delete this if you want since I know some of your co workers lurk, er I mean read your blog. But you my dear, work with some ass puppets. And Ralph should know better than to listen to gossip. Did you kick him in the ass?

 
At 10:38 AM, November 10, 2006 , Blogger *~JoDi~* said...

I did him one better than kicking him in the ass. We talked it out. I think that "We need to talk" are the four words in the English language that will make ANY male tremble with fear.

I also talked to The Little Bird and that person sees my POV now, too. I told Bird that if we all 3 needed to sit down and have a round table, so be it. People who don't lie have nothing to hide.

I'll be emailing you privately about some other stuff... ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home