Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Thursday, November 16, 2006

DAMN I HAD A BLAST!



Yeah yeah yeah - I know we went 4 days ago but today's the first day I had to download the photos & stuff...shut it.

I have to admit, the show was good...I'd been warned about Motley Crue and everyone ELSE in the band except Vince did a splediferous job. It was so awesome to see Tommy with the band ("When I say MOTLEY, you say CRUE!!!!" - that was fun!)

And the photo above with "W" in it? That was the funniest damned thing I've seen in a long time..they flashed that on the sceen during "Shout At The Devil." Do I detect a bit of leaning towards the Democratic party? Steven Tyler and Joe Perry also did a promo spot for Al Gore's movie "An Inconvenient Truth." *sniff, sniff*...do I smell a DONKEY? I just think it's funny because 20 years ago, BOTH of these bands were butting heads with Tipper and Al Gore and the PMRC - for those of you who are old enough to remember that. If you're not, then Google it. Wikipedia.com also has an article on it. Interesting shit.

Aerosmith kicked serious ass, though. This is the 2nd time I've seen them in concert at the same venue. (The 1st time I was 8 months pregnant with Kaylin, which would explain why she runs around the house going "YICKYICKYICKYICKYOW!" like Steven Tyler does when he sings "Dude, Looks Like A Lady"!) I just looked it up and Steven Tyler is going to be 59 in March and Joe Perry just turned 56 in September...all I can say is GODDAMN I hope I am THAT smokin' and kick THAT MUCH ASS when I am that old! Those dudes RAWK OUT LOUD. It amazes me. They were rockin' hard before I was even born and here they are...30+ years later, STILL goin' at it. I salute you, Aerosmith!

We had a blast. We closed out Cricket Pavilion's season with a lot of fire, smoke, headbangin' and screaming our lungs out. I can't wait until next year! :o)

These are the times that being a grown-up KICKS ASS! >;-)

2 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, November 18, 2006 , Blogger Stormy said...

I'm glad that you had a great time. You know, Aerosmith is one band I have not seen yet.
Crue is a band I've seen once and that was enough.

I hate politics in concerts. QR are big on that....and I have learned how to ignore it. If I want politics, I'll watch TV.

 
At 8:40 PM, November 18, 2006 , Blogger *~JoDi~* said...

You have GOT to see Aerosmith, Stormy! You'd LOVE it. They rock hard for some old dudes! :o)

I agree with you on the politics thing, but I'd rather see them promoting something like that than condoning drug or alcohol abuse. "Rock the Vote", eh??? LOL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home