I'm An Aqua Goddess!

OK, so I started a water aerobics class this week, of ALL things. My Mother dragged me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to go. I didn't want to do it. I didn't want to be in a class with 2 dozen little OLD, WRINKLED ladies...and I sure as hell didn't want to give up my "Sleepin' In Time" I'd waited all (school) year for!
But I am SO glad I did! Hey - I've been known to be wrong a time or two...at least I can admit when I am wrong - cuz we all know that CROW is best eaten when it's still WARM!! LOL!
We started Monday and I thought well, I like swimming & this is an indoor pool so no concern for sunburn & damage...maybe it won't be so bad....So anyhow, I went all 4 days this week and I'll tell you what - on Tuesday I didn't think I was going to make it! My legs felt like cooked spaghetti stuffed with Jell-O & the pain - oh LORD - I hadn't felt pain like that since I can't remember when. But today, I feel GOOD. I am sleeping better, and I'm down 2 lbs for the week.
All of my self-consciousness aside, I am so happy I did this. I recommend it to EVERYONE! And no matter how bad you THINK you look in your swim suit, there's ALWAYS someone there who looks worse. TRUST ME. And you really get your heart rate up in the water, although you don't realize it. This is definitely THE EXERCISE for people who don't like to exercise (i.e.: ME)!!
More updates as they warrant....






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home