Just Another Day In Paradise.....
Just got a chance to slow down and check in here. I haven’t really been blogging anywhere these last few weeks. I’ve been taking time with my family and doing personal and internal inventory. Like I’ve said in the past – we could all use a little tweaking every now and then to keep things running correctly.
So…life is moving right along. Maybe not in the direction I’d hoped, but at least I’ve got some things to be thankful for….that’s more than some people have.
Went to the ZZ Top concert on Tuesday 4/24/07. As much as I love that "Little Ol’ Band From Texas" that’s been kickin’ it for 35 years, the show was mediocre. I’ve been to better. I think the venue might have had something to do with it and the acoustics were not that great. There were some songs – we couldn’t make out the lyrics and if it weren’t for the fact that we were FANS – we probably wouldn’t have even recognized the tune. Hopefully the sound people at Tim’s Toyota Center can correct that and when LYNRD SKYNRD comes on July 28th, the show will be better. :-D I don’t have tix for that yet, but I am working on it. Hopefully I can win some off the radio again. Our seats for ZZ Top weren’t that bad. They weren’t that great, but not that bad.
Work is moving right along, too. More changes. I am not opposed to change. Some times that how you figure out what works and what don’t. I am proactive on that level. I am going to train this upcoming week to work night audit. I am exceptionally good at that shift. I am very thorough and complete with my paper work and that will be FIVE areas of the hotel I can work in now. I feel like such an asset to my company. I am anxiously awaiting my annual review. I feel it should be a good one – I give 110% when I am there and even though I get frustrated and discouraged at times, I bounce back pretty quick. I’m a die-hard optimist and sometimes I don’t know if that’s a gift or a curse?
The puppies are 7 weeks old this weekend! I’ve given 2 of them away – “Madison” went to my Mom – and she’s a spoiled little shit already! I gave “Cooper” to Myra @ work yesterday for her 2 little boys. She called last night to say he’s ruling the roost already! Tomorrow, “Belle” goes to one of the girls Ralph works with at PJ’s. That leaves me with little miss “Kasey”. She reminds me of Kolby SO MUCH when he was little. I never thought I would get so attached to a dog, but he’s been a constant part of my life for 12 ½ years now…I swear I am gonna need therapy when he dies. It will be like losing a child. “Spooky” (the cat) doesn’t know what to think about all of these puppies running around. He stays outside a lot and that results in me having to brush his long, thick fur when he comes in to eat because he gets sticker burrs in his fur. At least he doesn’t mind the brush. He’s so HUGE now, too. I think that cats don’t “fill out’ until they are about 2 years old, because Spook went from wimpy to hefty in a matter of weeks! I’m going broke keeping the quadrupeds fed! LOL!
Trying to plan a trip down to Yuma next month, too. Must go to Arizona Western College and get my transcripts sent up to Yavapai College. I am a little upset that no one has returned my e-mails or phone calls. I have NEVER seen a college website that was so ill constructed! It’s not user friendly at all. And I am going to go back to school this fall if it kills me! It’s time and I think I will be a much better student NOW than I was when I was younger. I have focus and direction now. I missed the FAFSA application deadline for Fall 07, but I am still in time for Spring 08. Please cross your fingers for me that this all works out. It’s really important to me right now.
Well, that’s about it on this end. Just wanted everyone to know that I’m still here – but that there’s more to life than just blogging. ;-)
P.S. I am documenting it HERE that last night, I had a dream that Fidel Castro died and there was a lot of controversy surrounding his death and burial. I wonder if I am clairvoyant? Guess we’ll find out.
Later Taters!







2 Comments:
Jodi,
Try a search for registrar in the department area of my unofficial AWC online phonebook.
http://awcfaculty.net/phone
Best regards,
Charlie Balch
Professor of CIS at AWC
Charlie - thank you so much! You've been a TREMENDOUS help!
Feel free to stop in and comment anytime!
And if I make it to Yuma, maybe I'll look you up and say "Thanks" in person! :o)
~Jodi
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home