Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Saturday, December 08, 2007

My 35th Birthday : A Re-Cap of the Festivities.





So do you want to hear about my birthday? :-D


It was OK. Work was a bear because we were short like 3 people up front yesterday, so I was constantly answering the phone, running messages, pulling OTHER charts, etc..


Susan, Brittni & Carol took me out to lunch at Augie's. I'd never been there before and it was SOOOOO good. I see me going there an AWFUL lot!


Ralph brought me a dozen red roses with balloons to work. I thought that was sweet of him. He can be downright romantical when he WANTS to be (unfortunately for me, that's only about 3 times a year!) He thought what Danelle did was sweet. LOL. (inside joke).


After I got off work (finally - at 5:20p), we all went to town and Bayleigh and I got new haircuts so we look half-way decent for Ralph's company Xmas party Sunday night. My cut is a little shorter than I'm used to, but whatever. It's got a lot of layers and a lot of movement. As long as I can get it up into a clip!


Than Ralph took me to dinner at the Gurley Street Grill. It was SO AWESOME! There was a group of strolling singers in the restaurant, singing Jimmy Buffet type Christmas songs - and they stopped and sang me "Happy birthday" - I got some drinks, a juicy medium-rare filet and a HUGE slab of carrot cake (to go!) from our waiter who looked and talked like he could've been Bill Engval's little brother.


Then I came home and pigged out on the RED VELVET cake Ralph got me. I opened my gifts, too- DVDs - "Walk The Line" and "American Psycho". (2 of my favorite movies!) He also got me a CD thing - it's a cleaner, but he meant to get me a RESURFACER (Skip Doctor), so he's going to take it back and exchange it.


Then I fell into bed, completely exhausted form the day's activities.


Being 35 ain't so bad. I just feel like a really smart, really wise, really witty 18 yr old - with 17 years of experience and a few more aches and pains. Such is life. I guess it could be worse.


Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go take my Geritol. (That's for you, N!!!) :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home