Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Why People Shouldn't Drink & Blog





I'm pissed. I took my online Medical Coding final today and I THOUGHT I did well. I was SO VERY MISTAKEN. I got a C. And a LOW C at that. I don't know now what my final grade will be, and I'm really vexed by this whole thing. I don't want to lose my grant and be in an even DEEPER debt than I already am. On top of all of my OTHER financial distress, this is what I really DON'T NEED right now!!!!


One of my friends sent me one of those "cheery little e-mails". This is my answer to that:



"I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow."


Not always. Sometimes “tomorrow” you get screwed even harder than the day before.


"I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights."


I say throw out the lights, stay inside out of the rain (& sip a hot toddy) and don’t travel. What does THAT tell you?


"I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life."


Unless they are raving crack head lunatics. Then I say “Good riddance!”


"I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as "making a life."


No, but in order to HAVE a life, you’ve got to make a living. This is one of the biggest, nastiest “Catch 22s” there is out there!!!!!


"I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance."


and that you should use it to RELOAD and aim better.


"I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back."


Like all of the SHIT that gets throw at you. And annoying good-for-nothing boyfriends.


"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision."


Unless it’s about open heart surgery…then I’m not so sure…HOW do you CODE that again????


"I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one."


But if you ask most of my friends, they’ll probably tell you I am one. And a WHINY one at that.


"I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back."


Isn’t this illegal in most states? I’d be too afraid of setting off a psycho or retaliation – “DON’T TAZE ME, BRO!!!!”


"I've learned that I still have a lot to learn."


Apparently…and it pisses me off that the college isn’t offering 3 of the remaining FIVE classes I NEED for my certificate this Spring!


"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."


People DO NOT forget what you said and they will NOT forget what you did. Think of the stupid idiot at your office Xmas party last year. You remember EVERYTHING s/he did or said don't you? I have a friend from high school that whenever I talk to her, she HAS to bring up…"You remember that time you fell in the bon fire at the river?” For Christ’s sakes that was 18 years ago. LET. IT. GO.


Oy. I’m cranky. >:-(


Oh well - I'll be cranky tonight and tomorrow I'll be fine.

2 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, December 09, 2007 , Blogger Nicki said...

remember when you said the stuff about that thing when we were at that place and we were doing that crap?

:P

 
At 7:08 PM, December 15, 2007 , Blogger *~JoDi~* said...

YOU are THE ONLY person who I will allow to get away with that, with me.

Feel priviledged. :o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home