Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Friday, November 02, 2007

*KNOCK, KNOCK* - Who's There???


It’s OPPORTUNITY, Bitch! OPEN UP!!!



Guess who’s got a JOB!???



I start Monday at a private urgent care clinic working in their MEDICAL RECORDS department! * BIG CHEESY GRIN *


OK – lemme back the truck up….


There was this lady I’ve had in 3 of my 4 classes this semester. She’s a HOOT – 50 yr old short little redhead named “D” (remember – Blogger’s Code says to NEVER reveal names unless you have that person’s permission – and I don’t want to give too much personal info away). Anyhow, I have thoroughly enjoyed being classmates with her. She told me about the position a couple of weeks ago and of course, you know me, I drug my feet on the issue.


Well, last week, I decided that I was not going to let Fat & Ham get the best of me. I’m determined, I’m ambitious, and I am MUCH BIGGER of a person that them – figuratively speaking! I revamped my resume` and did some “creative editing” (told NO LIES – just the facts, ma’am) and VIOLA! A resume I could be PROUD OF and didn’t have to second-guess. I gave it to D on Tuesday this week. Her office manager called on the 31st, I interviewed yesterday and was hired ON. THE. SPOT. * More Big Cheesy Grin *


The office manager said that in the 8 yrs she’s been there, NO ONE has scored higher on the written aptitude test. I got 75 out of 78 questions correct and she told me she was very impressed. I guess there’s something to be said for walking into a business with your head held high and your confidence on “MAX”…I was AWWWWWWWL IN! And I am so happy that they completely support my schooling 100% - and said if I choose and if there’s a position open, I can do my internship there.



So here's the skinny: I’ll work M – F;8a- 5p, weekends off (maybe an occasional weekend every 6-8 weeks or so), 7 paid holidays off per year, “bennies” I couldn’t DREAM of and PTO!!! And my pay is just a tad bit better than what I was making at the hotel WITH OPPORTUNITIES FOR RAISES on a REGULAR BASIS!!!!! WOO – HOO!…I felt so lucky yesterday, I thought I’d hit that $3000 progressive jackpot I've been dreaming of!


So that explains my absence this week – on top of Halloween – I’ll post some pictures soon – it’s a little bit of a time consumer for me! I also have to go shopping for SCRUBS this weekend! How much fun will THAT be!? Hell – how much fun will it be GOING TO WORK 5 days a week!??? I’m just elated. I don’t think words could explain how I feel right now. A foot in the door in the industry where I want to work- EXCELLENT! (Or in my 6 yr-old’s words: “SCHWEEEEET!”)



I just don’t know if it could get any better than this? :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home