Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I've Gone To Pot

NO NOT THE RASTAFARIAN POT....the HIMALAYAN NETI POT!

All righty then....here I am - in my true Diva-esque form. Ya missed me didn't ya? Admit it!


Well, after tonight's post, you might find yourself judging me - and that's alright, cuz after all, we all know I don't really give a rat's ass what most of the general population think about the things that I do. There's only a few people in this world that I truly take to heart what they think about me and the things I do.


That said, I've discovered a new THANG!


I found THIS BLOG ENTRY about someone else's experience with the new toy - WITH PICTURES (oh, my LUCKY readers!), and all I can say is AMEN! I couldn't have hit the nail any harder or more accurately on the head.


I've been sick for close to 2 weeks now with the head crud that EVERYONE in this Godforsaken town gets this time of year. And I remember about 2 years ago reading about said device and I thought "NO. WAY." I mean there was no way I was doing THAT to MY POOR NOSE!


Necessity is the Mother of invention - and also the inspiration of the desperate. I NEEDED to breath. I figured ANYTHING was worth a shot after Monday of this week and BOY and I glad that I decided to be open minded about it. I'm a LIFE LONG sinus suffer-er. I was willing to do anything short of commit crime at this point for some relief.


Enter, the Neti Pot (also affectionately nick-named by my husband as "The Snot Pot" - ain't he clever??)


All I can say is that there is NOTHING I've tried to date (and I've been trying things for over 20 years) has worked like this thing. It took me a little while to get over the gross factor, but hey - I'm a Mom - I'm not supposed to get grossed out. And, I finally convinced myself with the jolt that, "Hey! You're a MEDICAL student now - you're going to see FAR WORSE than your own snot once you get your MA certification!!!!!"


The first article I read was THIS ONE. I about DIED watching the You Tube clip, but hey - I'm an adult here. And if it's worked for those Himalayans for thousands of years, then it's good enough for me. "Lose your inhibitions...."


So I looked around in a few stores yesterday and came upon THIS. It was $15, but hey - I had just dropped almost double that on pills and potions since the hubby AND I have been sick - and it comes with 30 packets of mix, so I figured no biggie since there was a money back guarantee on it.


Took it home, mixed it up, did the head lean and twist and viola! Jodi was a fountain.


I haven't felt so good in so long - OMG - the difference is amazing. And my nose doesn't hurt like it ALWAYS DOES does in this dry barren desert that I call home. I don't find very many things that I rave about like this, but I am seriously considering buying these as Xmas gifts - they are so friggin awesome. And for once in many, many months, I am as clear AND AS MOIST as a mountain stream!


So in the famous words of the blogger I channeled, I HEART NETI POT! :o)

3 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, October 10, 2007 , Blogger Nicki said...

You go girl.

All I can say is I'm glad I don't have those kinds of problems. I'd faint if I found a quarter sized chunk of pumpkin pie up my nose.

 
At 11:03 PM, October 11, 2007 , Blogger none said...

I've heard about it everywhere but never knew how it worked.

Interesting. I'll keep that in mind the next time I'm in misery.

 
At 10:50 AM, October 13, 2007 , Blogger *~JoDi~* said...

Freak: Yes, you should be thankful; of all of the CHRONIC things to get stuck with, I got sunus problems. :( It sucks out loud.

Hammer: Seriously - next time you are suffering - give it a whirl. I was way skeptical about putting anything up my nose, but once you get the right angle and the breathing through your mouth while you're cleansing, it's a piece of cake...er...pumpkin pie? LOL!

JUST MAKE SURE YOU USE NON-IODIZED SALT!!!!! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home