They're Coming To Take Me Away...HaHa...HeeHee...HoHo

You know…I am about to turn THIRTY-FIVE years old. You would think I would have my SHIT together by now. (Some of you who KNOW me can STOP LAUGHING NOW).
My life is back on full-tilt whirl and I’m having a helluva time adjusting – ESPECIALLY since it’s the hectic holidays and it’s a challenging time of year for me no matter how you slice it.
Work is work. It’s not a very mentally challenging job – other than the time restraint it’s a cakewalk, but it’s good enough for right now while I’m finishing up school. The only thing really challenging about it is when I can’t find that LAST CHART and I am about to pull my eyebrows out. But it always turns up somewhere. Even if I have to get my boss to unlock the administrator’s office so we can pull the chart of a discharged patient who’s being seen “one least time” by our Vietnam Vet Dr. who has a soft spot for people with mental illnesses and addictions. Oy.
And then – I haven’t been on line in DAYS – I wake up this morning and find out Evel Knieval is dead – and that former Quiet Riot lead singer Kevin DuBrow died earlier this week. WTF? Man. These deaths just keep pushing, twisting and gouging the point that I’m getting old and these people I grew up either liking or idolizing (I saw Knieval once in 1976 – I VAGUELY remember it – and I LOVED me some Quiet Riot back in the 80s) are not going to live forever. I know dying is a part of living, but as everyone else ages and expires, it means I am too and I am just not dealing too well with that and everything else I have to deal with right now. I’m trying to do that whole sliding into my grave sideways, covered in scrapes and scars, hollerin’ “WOO HOO – WHAT A RIDE!!!!” So far, so good.
And I’ve been dealing with a sickly kid this week. I finally took her into Urgent Care last night after she spiked a 102F fever – Kaylin’s got a severe sinus and ear infection. P.A. Rich gave her some strong antibiotics and some phenergan/codeine cough syrup. Needless to say – she slept, like, 13 hours last night – and that’s good because she hadn’t been sleeping much (none of us had!) this last week. Hopefully she’ll be on the mend soon. Neither of the girls deals with being sick in a patient kind of way.
And my house perpetually looks like a hurricane tore through it. Just once I would like to NOT be so self-conscious about taking pictures in my house because of what people MIGHT SEE in the background. This is a nice “starter house”, but if we’re staying here, there is some SERIOUS SHIT we need to get rid of!!!!!! There’s only so much room!!!!! Arg! The older I get – the more claustrophobic I feel. It’s just hard to keep things in order, I have to constantly harp on the children to pick their crap up and put it away and when I come home at night – after squatting, crawling, bending and stretching all day – I’m ready for a drink and a rest – then, because I have to get up at 5:45 am, I have to be in bed by 9-9:30 pm in order to be functional and not roll through any red lights on the way to work the next day. If I’m sleep deprived – bad things usually happen. No sense in tempting fate, you know? I wish I could hire a housekeeper, but that’s just WRONG. I’m perfectly capable of doing the job – it’s just the TIME…. time, time, time. It slips by me like grains falling through an hourglass…like spray-paint “taggers” in the night…. it’s there, then it’s gone. What I wouldn’t give to barter for 2 more hours in the day. I mean really…a 26-hour day would be a tremendous asset, although I am certain I would find some how to piss away those 2 extra hours and not get a DAMNED thing I NEED to done.
Well, I’ve got to mosey…my company Christmas party is tonight and I’ve got to start working on my hairstyle. It’s all cold and windy outside today…NOT your typical Arizona weather, but I LIKE it so much. It’s definitely a better day for staying in bed and reading a good book while sipping some hot tea/cocoa, all snuggled under the comforter…but, alas, Ralph and I don’t get to go out and act like adults very often. And a free dinner, too…ya just can’t beat it. So hopefully I can do better THIS week with keeping in touch than I did this last week.
Bear with me!






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home