Takin' A Day OFF!
....AKA: Playing Hooky! (:-O
So. I suck at keeping a blog. Bite me. :p
Today I called in sick to work…I probably could have made it, but I’m coming off a weeklong sinus infection that’s had a bitch of a headache to go with it. Not to mention yesterday, THAT PLACE had me in full on anxiety mode. I was never so sick of looking at 4 walls, 10,000+ medical charts, and 30 of my co-workers in my whole entire life.
So, despite my head & face feeling like they were locked in a vice, I am just hanging out here at home today. Ralph and I did a tad of Spring-cleaning before he had to go to some training class at the hotel. He says they are not respecting his days off by holding the training modules on them, but when I reminded him of the alternative (that they could be having them on the afternoons following his 11p-7a shift), he agreed that it wasn’t so bad.
For those of you who are big fans of “Turbo Tax”, bite me once again. >:-S We could never get the problem between us, the Social Security Administration and the IRS having the wrong information on ME fixed. We have to file our taxes by mail and WAIT. The S.S.A. updated my info, but said that it could take up to 4 weeks for their databases and the IRS’ to interface and that’s too far PAST the April 15th deadline for filing. And somehow I am SURE that would be MY FAULT, too, so I am not taking any chances. I’ve waited this long for my return; I can wait a little longer. Hell, at this rate, the Tax Stimulus Payment will come BEFORE the refund. Whatever. It’s ALL already spent, so what difference does it make??
And if you’re wondering, we’re first and foremost getting the car fixed. Since my credit has been SHOT TO HELL thanks to Fat & Ham, I won’t be getting anything new, used or financed for quite sometime. The Ford needs some suspension work and some realignment and a thorough tune up. Then we’re getting a new mattress- one of those thick, plush, comfy ones. My pain level keeps increasing and most nights it feels like I sleep on a rock. I’m not resting and not feeling “refreshed” as all those commercials on TV say I should after a good night’s sleep. I’m also investing in 4 brand new QUALITY pillows. Then, finally, we’re improving our electronics by upgrading and buying a new computer. This one I’m using as we speak is 6 years old and seriously, if it were a car – it’d be like a ’74 Gremlin with over 300,000 miles on it. I’m not that crazy about learning Windows Vista, because I’ve heard so much negative feedback about it, but I must trudge on and learn new things. I can’t live in XP forever. I figure those 3 things right there will suck my money up faster than the state of California sucks up energy in July.
Other than that, it’s just been the same daily grind lately. I’m getting that itchy feeling to GO SOMEWHERE again. I don’t know why, but true to my Sagittarius sign, I am not happy unless I travel a little bit every now and then. I’ve been that way for as long as I can remember. I’m already trying to plan a trip with one of my co-workers this July; one of my OTHER co-workers is moving to NM at the end of May (they bought a STELLAR 2 story house in a canyon for $154K!!!) and we are gonna miss the shit out of her. Kind of makes me sad: I make a friend, and now she’s leaving. If you’ve known me for 10 seconds, you know that I don’t trust too many people, but once you’re my friend, you’re a friend for LIFE. So L and me are gonna try to go see P over 4th of July. Shoot –everyone ELSE (tourists) comes to Prescott for the 4th – can you blame a local for wanting to get out of town??? I would also like to do some traveling around the state if that’s possible. If I am not having to turn tricks for gas money. Don’t even get me started on that. Right now my little car burns through $120-$140/month. That’s up from about $80/mo when I first got it 3 years ago. Hey – when you’ve got a family – every little bit counts!
And on a warm and fuzzy note, my friend D’s dog had puppies last night. Labradors! 9 of them! She says 8 boys and one girl, 5 brown ones and 4 black ones. SO CUTE!!! I’m going over to see them this evening after I go to the hospital and get my vascular catheter flushed. I haven’t had it done in over 2 years and it’s TIME. Having health insurance now ROCKS!!!!!!! I’m also going to see my oncologist tomorrow. I haven’t seen him in 2 years either. I guess I’ve just been lucky – either that or I’ve got my very own angel looking out for me or SOMETHING…because to have not been any sicker than I have is truly a blessing!
Ariba derchee Y'all!






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home