Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Warm July Rain...

......as opposed to cold November rain. Those of you who know my musical background can see the contrast in that! LOL!

Anyhow...

No call yet from HR @ Embry-Riddle. *SIGH* I am gonna just DIE if I don't get this job. I really feel like this was one of those meant to be things that happened for a reason and I am here and this is where I am supposed to be in this moment in time. It's my dumb "Cat-Of-Nine-Lives" luck. Just when the chips look so down that it looks like I am out, something comes along and another opportunity presents itself and I am able to work through what I have to work through in my personal as well as professional life. It's weird that way. Sometimes I feel like my life is a story that's already been written and now it's just playing itself out. I always tell myself, "If it's not one thing, it's a MILLION," but what if that's how it supposed to be played out? All part of a bigger picture? So surreal. I know my life is just a drop in the ocean of the universe, but come on, now.............?

It's all stormy today...to sit here and look out, it looks like it would be cool and down right chilly. My favorite kind of rain. Snuggle-under-the-covers-rain :) Like the kind you get in November. Right before it gets cold enough to snow. I love it. The thunder still gets me. I was just telling my friend this in a conversation. Yuma was so low (@ Sea Level) that thunder sounded so far away and was always a dull rolling type. Well, here, we are 5300 ft. up in the air and so close to the sky (in my opinion) that when those claps happen and I don't SEE the lightening before hand, it can make the hair on the back of my neck stand straight out. Scares me...I am not as bad as I was when we first moved here--I'm getting better with every passing monsoon season. LOL. Dang it's pouring...I am wondering if I should get off here before I fry my monitor again like I did last year? LOL...that was too funny. I mean it wasn't but it was. In a way. Kinda-sorta.

I helped Amber @ Sears this morning with the kids thingy that they have on every other Tuesday. It was OK. I thought I was gonna sweat my ass off. Ever since I've been done with RT, I sweat so much. I hate it...but the Dr. says it's my body getting rid of the dead cancer cells. So I guess that's a good thing. I just don't do well in summer anyway, so the sooner fall gets here the happier I'll be. Autumn is MY time. Everything going to sleep for the winter for renewal in Spring. I don't' have a problem with the renewal in Spring thing...just the ALLERGIES it brings with it. LOL

OK..I have to get going...my duties as a Domestic Goddess await me!


2 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, July 27, 2004 , Blogger Stormy said...

I'll try this again...our power just flicked off.

Nothing like some Guns n' Roses. November Rain was my fave song of theirs.

I hear ya on the interview situation. I just had one today as well. Check my blog for the story! *hint*
I'll keep positive thoughts for you my dear. I hope you get the job as I know what it means to you.

As you were talking about how your life is planned out...I thought of that devotional on mine. I'll cut and paste in case you don't come over right away.
*************************************************
Exodus 14:14 NIV: The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.

This should be a relief to Christians everywhere. We can rest easy. The battle is not ours, but God´s. A lot of pain and heartache would be spared if we would stop trying to do things on our own, and trust God to guide us in our lives. If we take our hands off of our situations, then God can work in our behalf
***************************************************

Hmm...makes me think that one was for you Jodes. I know that trusting is hard, but if it is God's will..it shall be done.
I don't want to get all religious, so I'll stop.

Gotta go and read your other threads.
Hugs!

 
At 7:11 PM, July 28, 2004 , Blogger *~JoDi~* said...

Stormy,

Just so you know, I read your blog EVERY day...sometimes I just can't think of witty things to post, but I read it! I have it on my book marks! :)

Love, Jodi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home