Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

"You Must Respect My Authori-TAY!"

Cuz I am the NEW Embry-Riddle University, Prescott Campus Safety Officer! Hand over the keys to the Durango (the dept. vehicle), I'm goin' on PATROL! >:)

I about SH*T today when Chief told me..and he's a sneaky bugger, too...he asked me if Human Resources called me and since I take phone calls for a living out there, I didn't think anything of it. And he said, "Well nothing's changing until we find your replacement" and for JUST A SPLIT second, I thought, "Oh SH*T! I'm FIRED!??" Then in the back of my mind I remembered the Safety Officer position and I started jumping up and down and I SWEAR I almost hugged him....but I caught myself at the last moment. That's so very not professional! Hee hee! So I have been walking on a cloud all afternoon. Even Ralph not being happy for me when I called him and told him didn't get me down. He's just scared because he knows now I am not DEPENDENT on him financially any more. Mmm-Hmm..he knew this day was coming.

So..as soon as they hire my replacement at the desk, I am going to get all trained and I have to go get CPR certified and all that other crap, then I get to go shopping for uni's and accessories and whatever else they need me to do. I am SOOOOOO excited! I haven't worked full time since I was preggers with Kaylin. 3 1/2 years ago. Wow. How time flies.

And this is such a GREAT place to work for. I can see myself there for a long time. Full bene's, flex-time, retirement, paid holidays and vacations, paid sick leave, all kinds of freebies through the university..I cannot WAIT for this. I am sure SOMETHING's going to happen and it won't be all I've cracked it up to be, but I can dream can't I???

For anyone who's interested, the website to the college is:

www.erau.edu

I've got to go..I have to go dig out my "Smokey" glasses..you know the ones that cops wear that are mirrored on the outside AS WELL AS the inside....:p  ha ha ha!

1 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, July 28, 2004 , Blogger Stormy said...

Congratulations Miss Jodi! That is great news. I am so happy for you.

I hope your job is all that you expect and more.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home