Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Must Be A Blue Moon??

Every now and then a song comes out that just reaches out and grabs me...and it's usually a genre that I don't listen to so much which is what pisses me off. Here I have my genreal likes and in the middle of the list is this slow wussy song.

But this slow wussy song is beautful. The second verse reminds me so much of Chad Eric Bales, my cousin who died 2 years ago this month over in Iraq. He was 21 and died defending my freedom and the freedom of so many people he'll never know.

Anyhow, I am picky when it comes to music. And I think this song is worth a listen by anyone. I can guarantee it will "talk" to you.

"Breathe" - Anna Nalick

2 AM and she calls me 'cause I'm still awake,
can you help me unravel my latest mistake,
I don't love him, winter just wasn't my season
Yeah we walk through the doors, so accusing their eyes
Like they have any right at all to critisize,
hypocrites, you're all here for the very same reason
'Cause you can't jump the track,we're like cars on a cable
and life's like an hourglass, glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button girl,
So cradle your head in you hands
And breathe, just breathe,
Woah breathe, just breathe
May he turned 21 on the base at Fort Bliss
Just today he sat down to the flask in his fist,
Ain't been sober, since maybe October of last year.
Here in town you can tell he's been down for a while,
But my God it's so beautiful when the boy smiles,
Wanna hold him, maybe I'll just sing about it.
Cause you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable,
And life's like an hourglass, glued to the table.
No one can find the rewind button boys,
So cradle your head in your hands,
And breathe, just breathe,
Breathe, just breathe
There's a light at each end of this tunnel, you shout
But you're just as far in as you'll ever be out
These mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again
If you only try turning around.
2 AM and I'm still awake, writing a song
If I get it all down on paper, its no longer inside of me,
threatening the life they belong to
And i feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary, screaming out loud
And I know that you'll use them, however you want to
Cause you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable,
And life's like an hourglass, glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button now
Sing it if you understand.
and breathe, just breathe
woah breathe, just breathe,
oh breathe, just breathe.

2 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, April 25, 2005 , Blogger Nicki said...

I've been listening to that song for awhile. Love it.

Her album actually just came out last week - I'll proabably pick it up, eventually.

 
At 5:32 AM, April 26, 2005 , Blogger Nicki said...

You'd also like her "Wreck of the Day". I picked up the whole CD when they didn't have any Billy Squier I was looking for yesterday.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home