Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Moving RIght Along...Maybe?

Modern medicine never ceases to amaze me.


Went to follow up with Dr. D today. He wasn’t surprised about me being in the ER (he never really acts surprised about ANTYTHING to tell you the truth!!). Checked my glucose in his office: 98. He reviewed the records from the hospital and then on his dictation diagnoses me with some fuckered up name for infectious diarrhea and HYPOGLYCEMIA—of all things. Explore this link if you give a damn:

http://my.webmd.com/hw/diabetes_1_2/rt1055.asp

Anyhow, it’s in there with the Type I Diabetes. I was thinking it was something completely different, but they sort of go hand in hand. My first thought was “Which is it? Too much or not enough?! And why is this SO difficult for them to PINPOINT!?” But he explained everything and that even though I am dieting to lose weight (you read it here first!!) and that I am watching my refined sugar intake, I have to remember to eat things that are GOOD FOR ME frequently. Like 4-5 small meals a day! (:-O And this is going to shrink my ass HOW? *Jodi shakes head* I know I am never going to be a beanpole, but I could stand to drop the love handles that seem to be keeping me FROM getting any love these days...... :(

Like I said….

So NOW I have a WHOLE NEW SET of blood tests to go through (to test me for EVERYTHING from thyroid problems to how much lead is in my drinking water…) after I finish the anti-biotic I am on and get this gastro bug out of me. BTW—the diarrhea is gone…so you all can stop laughing now. I always swore I was never going to talk about my bodily functions like that, but there’s really NO WAY to talk about this other than to use the medical text book terminology. I have grown up and saying DIARRHEA doesn’t bother me. YOU can stop laughing, though. It doesn’t become you.

I’ll keep everything posted in here. I am not sure who all’s reading, but according to my stat counter, there are a few of you out there! And thanks for reading. I don’t put this out there because I am bored and have nothing to do. It’s just because I get lazy sometimes (OK a LOT of times) and this is the easy way out to keep you all informed. And if you’re in My Circle, I love ya! That goes without saying! ;)

Bath time for the Children Of Evil. Later Taters!

3 Comments:

At 4:41 AM, April 14, 2005 , Blogger Nicki said...

when you try to get some nookie from Ralph, does he say, "Are you sure you're feelin' better? I don't want you to shit on me again," like Ben Affleck said to Jennifer Lopez?

http://www.thesuperficial.com/archives/000798.html

 
At 5:53 PM, April 15, 2005 , Blogger Stormy said...

Hey Jodi!
Eating the 4 smaller meals a day will help you to lose weight. When you eat throughout the day, your metabolism stays up and that is part of the key to weight loss. I know it sounds weird, but it's true. So eat GOOD foods and it'll come off.

I try and stop by for a visit when I can. However, I do get your emails and enjoy them.

Take care of yourself.

 
At 12:22 PM, April 16, 2005 , Blogger *~JoDi~* said...

Freak, I gave up trying to get nookie from Ralph a WHILE ago...so that TASTELESS comment does not apply to me. Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home