Things That I Don't Like To Think About..But Am Forced To By "The Man"....
Terri Shiavo died this morning.
The FL woman is now on her eternal trip. It’s just too sad that this had to happen THIS way.
When I first heard about all of the legal commotion a few weeks ago, I had the opinion that it was OK to let her go…since everyone claimed she would have wanted it that way. But this was when I THOUGHT she was on a RESPIRATOR. I wasn’t aware of the feeding tube and how it was keeping her alive! I was quite misinformed!
When I found out they wanted to remove the feeding tube, it automatically struck an odd chord with me. Were they really going to let this woman STARVE TO DEATH!? I mean give me a break. We convict and incarcerate prisoners and keep them alive on death row for YEARS (look @ Manson…look @ Scott Peterson!!) and feed them while they await their due process. And then along comes Terri…brain damaged and unable to speak for herself and let her own voice be heard. Her own HUSBAND was fighting to end her life. Now I don’t know about you…but I surely don’t think this is RIGHT.
Everyone has been telling me: “But she’s BRAIN DEAD...she’s only a shell of her former self…she doesn’t know what’s going on and can’t speak for herself.” Right. I agree with that about 75%. She WAS brain dead. She WAS a shell of her former self. She COULDN’T speak for herself. BUT WHO IN THE HELL ARE WE TO SAY THAT SHE HAD NO INCLINATION AS TO WHAT WAS HAPPENING AROUND HER!?!?!?!? She couldn’t tell us. In this instance, I feel we should have erred on the side of HUMANITY. Even though she had no way to indicate, there’s a possibility that she felt what she was going through. I still think that if it wasn’t’ painful for her, why were they giving her Morphine!?!?! “Just in case?” I think not. In my opinion, starvation is right up there with drowning and burning to death as one of THE most painful drawn out ways to die.
And if Michael wanted to be rid of the responsibility of her, why didn’t he just give custody of her back to HER parents: THE PEOPLE WHO GAVE HER LIFE? Her BLOOD RELATIVES… if you ask me they had WAY more right to decide her fate than HE did. If they were alive, able, and willing to take care of her, why not? If there wasn’t any kind of order as to what to do, why couldn’t they just let her live the rest of her natural life? I mean she was eventually going to die ANYHOW…why expedite the process? That’s just cruel, irregardless what HE said she wanted. She didn’t have those legal papers made up saying that she didn’t want to be kept alive. He is saying she’d made this clear to him…well there ARE evil people in the world and he could have just been saying that. I mean WHAT KIND OF MAN DENIES A WOMAN’S PARENTS THE RIGHT TO BE AT HER DEATH BED? That’s just selfish and cruel. I guess I have serious TRUST ISSUES, but this is just my opinion. You don’t have to agree with me, but just know how I feel.
As soon as I am able to, I am having all of the legal papers filed and my PULL THE PLUG order known. I don’t want to be kept a live by artificial means, but I am going to make sure that any of my remaining family aren’t burdened or troubled or forced to fight when my time comes. Yes, it’s hard to let someone go…and our legal system in this world is a strange one. That’s why I don’t ever want it to have to go that far where I would be concerned. It’s kind of like in Beaches when CC took Hillary to the beach to die. That’s what she wanted and she made sure that she got it. It’s not a difficult thing to do and no one WANTS to think about what will happen when they die, but look @ how YOUNG Terri was when she had that heart attack. I believe that The Fates sent us this to see how hard it can be and to forewarn us that we shouldn’t leave any stone unturned when it comes to eternal rest. You are never too young to plan for your own demise.
I’ve learned a lot from other people’s suffering in my life. I’ve learned a lot from my OWN suffering in my life. And all I know is there’s NO WAY I could torment my loved ones like that, whether it be my blood relatives, my husband or my children. I am going to make damned sure that Terri’s Law never has to apply to me.
And I still agree with what “Stormy” said: “Hopefully Pope John Paul WON’T come to America for any kind of medical treatment—we might kill him.” {:-(






1 Comments:
1. I WOULD HOPE THAT YOU WOULD PULL IT OUT..I WOULDN'T WANT TO BE KEPT ALIVE THAT WAY, YOU MORON!
2. No I have never starved to death (obviously00what a DUMB question) but I'v ebeen hungry and I've read about how horrible it is. With suffering come SOME kind of pain, dummy.
3. I don't watch that much TV...all the information I got on Terri came from web posts and news sites...I am NOT a fan of the media circus.
If you don't KNOW ME, then you shouldn't be posting on MY BLOG. It's mainly for people I KNOW WHO KNOW ME. Please keep your attempt to know it all OFF of MY WEBLOG!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home