The TOOTH, The Whole TOOTH and Nothing But The TOOTH.....
Let the TOOTH be told: I AM DYING OVER HERE!
I've had immense tooth/mouth problems for the last week, hence the reason you haven't heard from me. If I am not @ work struggling through the pain, I am home, on the couch, knocked out on Vicodin.
I had my first root canal today. THAT was lovely, lemme tell ya what! It hurt all weekend, and when the dentist looked today he said that the tooth ligament was swelling and pushing between the bone and the tooth/gum and that's what was causing my discomfort. Then he tells the dental hygenist to "Set me up a root canal tray!"
WHAT!? WAIT--wait, Doc, let's TALK about this...I gotta be to work in an hour!!!
But he did...and it was OK while I was under the Novacaine, but now that it's wearing off, it's wearing on my patience. Honestly I don't even remember CHILD BIRTH (or my SURGERIES, as I like to call them!) and/or recuperation being this painful. I just feel like I want someone to shoot me and get it over with. Man. Like I said, I couldn't wish this kind of pain on my worst enemy.
Hopefully I'll recover soon and you all won't have to read about me and my tooth anymore. I don't know when I am going to get the crown on it? But as long as he keeps those Vicodins coming, I should be OK. I'll keep this updated.
Well, I got the 10p officer to come in a WHOLE hour early, so I should go. Be well....or better than me anyhow.






1 Comments:
Hey Jodi!
It will get better, trust me! I've had 2 root canals--back in the 80s...and the only meds I used were ibuprofen.
The crown comes at the end. You WILL want one because that tooth is dead and will break very easy.
Take care. It will be better soon.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home