Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Today I received THE WORST job performance review I’ve ever had in my working life. I was taken aback, but I felt that I handled my points and myself well.


I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I am deeply misunderstood at times. Not just by my employers and supervisors, but by everyone. I’ve been told that I am intimidating, and that’s just NOT the case. I am one of the easiest people to talk to in the universe. I may not always agree with what you have to say, but I am the kind of person who is willing to agree that we need to disagree and then move on. I am fair and just. No matter what – that’s just the way a work environment should be.


I am kind of embarrassed by the review. I feel that I give my job 110% every single time. My ENERGY or my MIND may not always be at 110% percent, but my EFFORT is. I treat people how I want to be treated; co-workers or the public. Even if I KNOW there’s an underlying dislike. I do my part to maintain accord and civility. I know that every person I come in contact with has their own battles they are fighting and if just ONE person gives them a little empathy & understanding, it might make a world of change for that person, and the rewards can be great. I am such a true believer in Karma. I have seen it contrive its desired fate with MANY people and a LOT of that has just been in the last year.


However, I am discouraged. Although my supervisors told me that the review was honest and unbiased, I can’t help but wonder if there are outside influences that shaped their opinions? I may never know, but from here on out, I don’t really care. Dwelling on the past never served much of a positive purpose in life. I feel like the 3 of us need to get to know each other better to benefit the work environment. I am so multi-faceted and have so much to offer, yet I feel so unappreciated & unutilized. I mean, praise should not liberally be sprinkled unless it’s DESERVED, but lately, I feel like the “managerial praise shaker” has had EVERY hole in the top clogged.


I guess I was just doing better than I thought I was. I need to regroup and refocus myself. I like my company. I work well with my supervisors (or so I thought – hopefully that can change). I like the work I do. Meeting new people is a good thing 99% of the time. You never know when someone may lead you to a new and better opportunity to work to your true potential & shine, shine, shine. You just never know what’s around every corner? Sometimes it’s good and some times it’s bad. You just never know what you’re going to get? And no, I am not referring to “Life is like a box of chok-lits…” because we all know that Jodi thinks that life is like a jar of jalapenos.


But I digress. In light of my personal life since about February, and in reflection of my performance review at work…and taking into consideration existing circumstances within myself – I think I am doing fairly well. Someone else in my shoes might have already cracked. But I refuse to let negative B.S. bring me down. I have come too far in my life to let that happen. Period.


I get knocked down…but I get up again…you’re NEVER gonna keep me down…..


In other news – it’s been a bad week in general. I’ve got an infected root on one of my crowned teeth that’s invading its infection on the healthy tooth next to the crowned one. I am in dire pain, folks. I have to have a root canal done by a dentist with a high-powered microscope and they have to DRILL DOWN THROUGH THE CROWN to do it. I have a mild case of dentophobia, but this time, it’s the price tags that’s bringin’ me down. L Ug. I am also on strong penicillin, and it’s got my stomach in knots (in addition to what I had to endure yesterday). Hard to be cheery and positive when you’re sicker than a dog, so I am taking today off from my role as The Proletarian Pollyanna. Just can’t do it today.


Check with me tomorrow – it’s payday tomorrow and we all know that cold hard cash brings a right smile to Jodi’s face.


In the meantime, here’s a “meme” that I thought was fun….laugh it up!


What do you drink with dinner?:
Soda, water, wine, iced tea…most anything wet & it depends on WHAT we’re having for dinner.


What do you dip a chicken nugget in?:
I don't ~ have you ever see a "nugget" on a chicken??? (<<>


What is your favorite type of food/cuisine?:
Mexican!


What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
Steel Magnolias, Casino, Beaches, Grease.


Were you in sports in high school?
Varsity Girls’ Basketball.


Were you a boy/girl scout?
No. I always wanted to be, though.


When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?:
Sunday I wrote to Andrea & sent photos from Sea World.


Ever gotten a speeding ticket?:
Sadly, yes. Even sadder – SEVERAL!


Ran out of gas?
Once. And NEVER again!


Favorite kind of sandwich?:
I LOVE the sweet onion chicken teriyaki from Subway.


Best thing to eat for breakfast?:
I’m a cold cereal lover...unless it's a "Hangover Breakfast", then just toast & tea.


What is your usual bedtime?:
Whenever I get there.


Are you lazy?:
Sometimes – aren’t we all?


Are you an introvert or an extrovert?:
Usually an extrovert unless I am in a bad mood.


What's your favorite mixed drink?:
Top shelf frozen margarita with salt! TAY-STAY!


When you were a kid what did you dress up as for Halloween?
Whatever. Sometimes I had those boxed costumes and sometimes my Aunt Marsha would make something. I still like to dress up though – despite what Carlos Mencia says about women & Halloween.


Do you read the newspaper?:
Yes – but usually only on Sunday.


How many languages can you speak?
Yo hablo inglés y español.


Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
Cosmo & Good Housekeeping. What a combo! LOL!


Is Fabio ugly?:
As a matter of fact - he is


Which are better Legos or Lincoln Logs?
Legos


Red wine or white wine?:
Yes, please. 2 please.


Are you stubborn?:
Like a mule!!!


Who is better...Leno or Letterman?:
Neither…but I like Dave’s “Top 10 Lists”


Watch a soap opera?:
No. I feel about soap operas like I do about reality TV.


Afraid of heights?:
Like you wouldn’t believe. It’s called ACROPHOBIA & mine is pared with Aeroacrophobia, thank you very much. (check
http://www.thephobialist.com/ and see what YOU’RE afraid of!!!)


Sing in the car?:
Most always – at least a few lines.


Dance in the shower?:
No. I’m all bidness in the shower.


Dance in the car?:
Yes – “Seat Dancing” is what my daughter and I call it. Especially if disco or Hammer’s on! LOL!


Ever used a gun?:
Yes. Rather well, too, thank you.


Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?:
April of 2005.


Are musicals cheesy?:
No


Is Christmas stressful?:
Ehhhh – it can be if you let it.


Ever eat a pierogi?:
Can’t say that I have. Out here in Arizona, we call them "CHIMICHANGAS"!!! LOL.


Favorite type of fruit pie?:
Yuck…does coconut crème or key lime count?


Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?:
Veterinarian, nurse, and lawyer.


Do you believe in ghosts?:
Yes.


Ever have a Dejavu feeling?:
Sure- haven't we all?


Take a vitamin daily?:
I eat one of the most horribly balanced diets in the world, so yes. I am trying better on the eating thing, though. More of the fruits & veggies & glycemic carbs, etc.


Wear slippers?:
Usually only in the wintertime. Otherwise, I’m BAREFOOT.


Wear a bathrobe?:
Every time I get out of the shower. It enables me to do other things while drying off at the same time.


What do you wear to bed?:
Whatever. I have nightshirts, night GOWNS, shortie PJs, Flannel PJs, or sometimes just a huge men’s T-shirt or nothing at all!


First concert?:
Bon Jovi/ Skid Row – 4/20/89.


Any tattoos?:
Got em.. Wanna see?


Wal-Mart, Target or K-Mart?:
I’m a working Mom on a budget – ALL of the above.


Nike or Adidas?:
Nike


Fritos or Cheetos?:
Cheetos – puffed only, please.


Corn nuts or sunflowers seeds?:
Either. I have to be craving them though.


Ever heard of "gorp?":
No, but I just Google’d it and THAT is SCARY. (:-O


Ever take dance lessons?:
Nope. Hence the reason I can’t dance NOW, I am sure.


Is there a profession that you picture your perfect future spouse to have?
He does what he does, and he does it well.


Can you curl your tongue?:
Yeah – and did you know that’s hereditary and if you can’t, then one of your parents can’t? Same with rolling/trilling your “R”s like in the Spanish language….


Ever won a spelling bee?:
Not that I can recall


Have you ever cried because you were so happy?:
Yes. I leak from the eyes A LOT.


Own any record albums?:
Yeah- STILL!


Own a record player?:
No, but I am working on getting one of those old-fashioned looking ones that they came out with in the last few years. My Mom and my SIL have one and I LOVE them!


Regularly burn incense?:
Yes. It smells like Hippies on fire. :p


Ever been in love?:
Yeah


Who would you really like to see in concert?:
Still gotta cross AC/DC off my list.


Hot tea or iced tea?:
Both.


Tea or coffee?:
Coffee


Favorite kind of cookie?:
White chocolate chips with macadamia nuts.


Can you swim well?
Yeah. I float even better. LOL.


Can you hold your breath w/o manually holding your nose?:
Yeah. Something I did a lot of at home when I lived there.


Are you artistic?:
Eh, a little


Are you patient?:
Not much, but I am getting better.


DJ or band, at a wedding?:
Well, since I had NEITHER, so I guess it doesn’t matter, but I would probably choose DJ if I had to.


Ever won a contest?:
Yes. A few.


Have plastic surgery?:
Not yet


Which are better, black or green olives?
Green…taste better with vodka.


Can you knit or crochet?
Nope. If it has ANYTHING to do with creating something out of yarn or fabric, I fail miserably at it.


Best room for a fireplace?:
The cozy den.


Want to get married?:
Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home