Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

If It's Got "NECRO" In It - It CAN'T Be Good!!!!

Guess what WUNNERFUL condition I have been afflicted with NOW?



Say it with me, Boys & Girls:


os·te·o·ra·di·o·ne·cro·sis
Pronunciation[os-tee-oh-rey-dee-oh-nuh-kroh-sis, -ne-]


bone tissue death induced by radiation.



*SIGH* The dentist told me last appointment that I was headed this way...well, apparently I have reached my destination! Brassa, fracka, filth, foul, flarn..... >:-(


I am not sure what to do? My dentist wants me to see an oral surgeon and have a root canal done. This would entail the surgeon drilling DOWN THROUGH THE TOP OF THE CROWN and performing the root canal. We're looking at about $2000 and for someone with no dental insurance right now - that's a LOT of money. The other option would be to undergo treatments in one of THESE BABIES so that I can have the tooth pulled...then, because it's between 2 major teeth, I would have to have a bridge made and put in so that my teeth don't get all out of alignment. Add to that little gem that I have a malocclusion and I am just all fucked up.


I am in so much pain right now that I can barely sleep at night. I have considered going to my dentist DAILY for Novocaine shots. I have considered grabbing the pliers and yanking this damned thing out on my own. I have considered blowing out the teeth on the left side of my mandible with a shot gun. Something's gotta give.


I have an appointment on Friday to see if I can get on state Medicaid to see if they can help me. Otherwise, I think we are looking at taking out a loan against the house--and no banker in his right mind is going to give someone without a job a loan.


So if you don't hear from me before then or until then, that's why. I'll be the one on the couch clutching my jaw and whimpering. {:-(

3 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, July 18, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gargle with Jack Daniels. Seriously. You'll feel better and it dulls the ache. Or weed. LOL Your pick.

 
At 12:07 PM, July 19, 2007 , Blogger *~JoDi~* said...

I find that the Jack Daniels works better if I SWALLOW large quantities of it WHILE I am gargling....

:p

 
At 5:29 PM, July 19, 2007 , Blogger Nicki said...

I've tried the whiskey trick and it didn't work for me. Then again, I have a high tolerance for alcohol, so that may have been part of the reason.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home