Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Friday, August 03, 2007

Where In The HELL Is That Damned Fairytale!?




Yes, I know I really should be doing something more constructive in the middle of the afternoon, but I am home with Team She Devil and I just found out that they broke something very important last week at my Mom’s house and didn’t bother to tell anyone, so I am escaping for a few minutes to deter me from beating their little asses off! ARG!


SIGH


Not to mention the infection is back in my tooth. The big knot on my gums swelled up last night and it’s just been HELL since then. Fever and everything. I know I need to go to the Dr or SOMETHING…I’m working on it. Trust me – I don’t have some kind of sick, self-inflicted case of Munchausen syndrome. I may be a lot of things, but STUPID (or needy, or psychotic) is NOT one of them.


This is NOT my beautiful life. Yeah, yeah, I know I’ve said it before, but my patience is waning lately. A friend of mine reassured me that the week BEFORE they go back to school is ALWAYS the hardest, because they’re bored, you’re tired of looking at them and summer is their “magical time” and it stinks when they are not old enough to go out and do things on their own & fend for themselves. I hope she’s right. I will report back in 4 years. (Not to mention tooth pain just drives me insane…insane like how the “Rage Virus” infected all those people in the “28…Later” movies. Not pretty.)


Anyhow…I went on some deliveries today and meet some new people – omigosh, what GORGEOUS HOUSES these people have! I am SOOOO jealous! This just confirms my good taste and the fact that I was switched at birth. Just kidding, Mom.


It’s just so frustrating in my life right now…I keep thinking that as the children get older, things will change. I’ve given up a lot of my time/life for them. I don’t MIND – so don’t call me selfish, but I just LONG to travel and go places and see things…to dig in the sands of the beaches of the world, to try foreign cuisines and French & Italian wines, visit far away art galleries, to rest my head on the pillows of some of the fanciest hotels on Earth, and to have an occasional cigarette held by ONE OF THESE. I should have been born rich instead of so good looking, I’m tellin’ ya. And it’s not that I think that coveting these things makes me a better person – I just think that I would be someone who would appreciate and relish the finer things in life. And once you’ve had a few of those things, it just spoils you for all other experiences. Ever since a friend introduced me to Godiva chocolate bars – I’ve begrudgingly choked down Hershey’s chocolate ever since! Don’t get me wrong – I love Hershey’s and it fits my budget right now--but that smooth, creamy cocoa goodness of Godiva just sends me into a state comparable to Post-Orgasmic Euphoria. I guess sometimes, with hindsight being 20/20 and all – that ignorance truly is bliss.



So, believe it or not, in my own twisted way – going back to school ties into all of this. I want to better my education, so that I can get a better job and make more money. Then, I want to learn more about myself & the things around me, the world, cultures, society, history –and chocolate.



I think this is what they call motivation and determination. I sure hope so. Because otherwise, I’ve got myself pegged all wrong!


Well, I’m off to prepare a wonderful 3 course meal for dinner…tonight we’re having hamburgers with pasta salad and potato chips. Magnifique! And if they don’t like it, let them eat Corn Pops!


;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home