Fa-Rah-Rah-Rah-Rah-RahRah-Rah-Rah

So how in the hell is every one's holiday season shaping up???
Mine's going OK. It's funny how I went back to work 5 weeks ago, yet, we're still broke as a joke around here. Ralph and I've decided that we're going to finish up all of our shopping on 12/22, after our next payday. We've still got to find a scooter big enough for Bayleigh.
We took the kids to see Alvin & The Chipmunks last night - VERY CUTE. I think it's so neat how the folks in Hollywood are able to make all of these live-action animation movies now. In a way, it lets many of us re-live the fun and memory-worthy parts of our childhoods. I like the new twists they've put on the old songs, too. It just floors me that the whole Alvin & the Chipmunks concept is 49 years old - in the movie "1958" is Dave's apartment number/address, representing the year that Alvin, Simon & Theodore were created. I guess classics never go out of style.
It was the Week From Hell at work. My bosses had to deal with idiots calling on the phone, coming into the clinic and PLENTY of COMPLAINTS about certain health care workers in the clinic. I got lashed out at once or twice, but I think that if I were in their shoes, I might have lashed out too. There was a GIANT HIPPA violation over the weekend of 12/1-2/07 at the clinic and now the violate-ee is planning to sue the clinic. This doesn't please the Administrators. Those are some uber-thrifty people (think pennies pinched SO HARD that Abe Lincoln is SCREAMING) and they are in foul moods over the whole thing.
Most of my co-workers were in cranky moods this week ("Would you like some CHEESE with your WHINE!?") - especially "B" - that bitch annoys the SHIT out of me - it was freakishly cold here this week so it was a constant argument between the people with the thin blood that were incessantly COLD & freezing their asses off and those of us corn-fed girls who are usually HOT and fanning ourselves, over WHAT the thermostat was going to be set at. I think we finally ended up with 71F. The place has a glass ceiling, too - so it gets warm in there at high noon, no matter what the temperature is outside. And then there was missing charts, mishandled Worker's Comp claims, and the new girl working check in who couldn't balance her drawer to save her life. Everyone was just pissy as all get out. I think it might have a little bit to do with the holiday season...I'm a people observer and there are a few people who work there who DO NOT like this time of year. Oh well, I say, that's no reason for them to CRASH it for those of us who TRY to have a pleasant holiday season!!!!!! I really hope that next week is a better one. it's "Secret Santa" week (daily gift exchange), so maybe everyone won't be all cranky & shit. I can at least hope.
The Girls (my daughters) are looking VERY forward to their first REAL Christmas in our house this year. Last year was a traveling year and we didn't even decorate here, since we were all the way across the country for Christmas. We've decorated and put up our little "Charlie Brown Tree". It's nice - it's not really THAT bad - it's just SMALL. It's times like this I wish we had a fireplace. I truly do love the holidays, no matter how much I criticize and complain about different aspects of it. I'm still just a Big Kid.
Overall, things are going good and I can't complain. We're all healthy (despite cold & flu season), warm (despite the daytime temps not getting past 49F and we're talking in the TEENS at night) and we're keepin' on keepin' on.
If I could just get my co-workers to SHUT THE FUCK UP once in a while, life would be grand. :o)






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home