That's A Wrap!

Well, it’s over. All of the building up, the glamour, the anticipation and then * poof * - Christmas is gone in the blink of an eye.
It was a good day here in our casa. Nothing to sneeze at, that’s for sure. My parents came over and we had a nice time opening gifts with the girls (who got WAY too spoiled, if you ask me!) and we had a nice dinner. I was pretty sick that day, so my day ended fairly early, but at least it was a nice one and there was no work to interfere with my good time with my family.
I got a few things I needed, a few things I wanted and a couple of things that I didn’t want or need thrown in for good measure.
I’m getting over bronchitis. It was worst on 12/24 & 25. I’ve been taking levalbuterol-breathing treatments and those are helping. It sucks to not have any health insurance and to get moderately sick. I’ve been relying on the kindness of the doctors and nurses at work, hooking me up with samples and under the table treatments, God bless them.
All in all, I am ready for this year to GET THE FUCK OVER WITH. 2007 has been one of the crappiest years on record for me (refer to above photo: 2007 can KISS MY ASS!!!). There were only 3 truly wonderful blessed events that happened this year:
1.I got the hell away form Fat & Ham – even if it was in the form of UNEMPLOYMENT.
2. I got to go back to school and I’ve chosen a completely different career path – and surprisingly- I don’t SUCK at it!
3. And third – I got a new job that I love and I work with great people and it’s in the field I’m going to school for.
All the rest is just details. Just gravy. Just dust in the wind. Live and learn, you know?
I hope that 2008 is MUCH better. I’ve got aspirations and high hopes. That’s me – always with the rose-colored glasses & optimism & stuff.
Other than that, we’re broke (AGAIN!) because we over-did it on Christmas "just a little bit" – but at least it was all bought and paid for IN CASH. So now Ralph and I probably won’t be going out for New Year’s Eve like we’d intended…figures – the first time we’ve BOTH had the night OFF since I can’t remember when and we’ll be stuck at home. Oh well – I’ve got a 3 year old bottle of champagne that needs drinking anyhow.
So if I don’t pop back in before the New Year – I hope that you all have a happy one and that 2008 doesn’t suck for you.
Hey – I’m a realist. Shut up.






4 Comments:
I think we should battle it out for shittastically bad 2007s. It would be a tight race. I'm with yah on 2008 stuff. We'll chat this time next year and see how it went eh? And hey, CALL ME would ya? You know the drill. I will be home most of the night Fri and all day Sat and Sun.
Have a Happy new year!
Amen to hoping 2008 is better.
Amen and hallujuah.
Jules - I think you win. You were unemployed longer than me and you're more likely to keep your new job longer than I keep mine. LOL. Fuggedda about it - I'm am keepin' my mouth shut and my blinders on during this gig.
Hammer- Back atcha, Man. :o)
Freak - Well I think YOU'RE off to a BOOTY-LICIOUS start! LOL! >:-) Here's to a GREAT 2008!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home