I'm A Frayed Knot
Well, it’s official: I’m a now a diabetic.
My lab results came back yesterday and I am NONE too happy. High glucose, high Ac1, elevated liver functions, elevated EOS, and my thyroid is more “HYPO” now than it was 2 months ago.
The only good thing? LOW cholesterol all the way around. Woo hoo. I could have a cookie – but no wait – unless it’s SUGAR FREE I have to pass it up. ARRRGGGG!
Can a bitch just get a break!?!?!?! {:-{
People ask me what parts of my familys’ gene pools I inherited. I tell them I inherited the SCUM that floats on top of the Gene Pool.
So, I am reading up and studying some things this weekend. Still feeling like crap with my congested head and drippy nose. I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired. It’s really workin’ my nerves.
Yesterday at work one of the more PITA receptionists quit to move on to another office and terrorize the staff THERE. Thank God she's gone for the most part. I get so tired of her bragging about how she knows everything, how she's been everywhere and how she’s handled just about every situation under the sun at age 22. I swear I would be SO ASHAMED to know that I was that annoying when I was that age!! Luckily I’ve got MATURITY on my side, eh?
And then we all arrived at work yesterday to find out on of the transplants from our sister office (they had to cut back on staff…) tried to commit suicide on Thursday night and landed her butt in ICU because of all the pills she took. I just don’t know what’s wrong with people? I don’t think I could ever off myself. I’m just too lazy for one thing. For another thing, I wouldn’t want my kids to find me. That would fuck up their heads for LIFE. And finally – I’d want to leave a pretty corpse and no mess.
That’s an awful lot of work. I think I’ll just stick around.
As much as I complain about how I feel and my health, there’s still a lot of LIFE out there to LIVE. And once my nest is empty, I plan to hop on my little Old Fart Go-Cart and get out there and SEE the world like I’ve always wanted to.
I’m spending the weekend “in” just catching up on some things, reflecting and pondering my next steps and moves. A little solitude never killed anyone. I’ve just got to figure out how to be strong enough to bend, I guess....and give up alcohol and sugar. *SNIFF*
Sometimes when life throws you a curve ball, you’ve got to pick that bitch up and throw it back. Knowhutimean?????






3 Comments:
i definately hear ya. well, this is a warning sign, so listen to it. this could be the root of most of your health issues, getting sick all the time, feeling like crap, etc. are you just going to have to change your eating habits or do you have to take insulin? or don't you know yet? dang, i swear, i'll be on that old fart golf cart with ya LOL we'll go visit all our other old fart friends. hehe. it's all good. you gotta stick around for your neice or nephew anyway!! love ya!
No, no insulin, thank GOD. I might have gotten an 'A' in Phlebotomy 101, but I'm still needle-phobic.
The Dr. renig'ed on the diagnosis. He stated that I'm BORDERLINE now and not full on. He wants me to control with diet and exercise.
Whatever. That's like being "a little bit pregnant" (as Miss Julie Who says)...either your'e are or you're not and there's no gray.
I'll holla atcha later.
UPDATE:
My Dr has changed my OFFICIAL diagnosis so that my insurance will recognize it to "METABOLIC SYNDROME". Essentially this = PRE-DIABETES.
I just don't understand why shit has to be so fucking complicated??
*sigh*
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home