Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Saturday, April 12, 2008

This Week's "WTF!?!?!" Moment

So I go to the new Dr. this week to review the lab results that his MA and I'd already deciphered.

He tells me that he DOESN'T think that I'm diabetic but I'm a BORDERLINE DIABETIC.

WTF ever, Dude. The lab numbers don't lie.

Anyhow, he wants me to control it with diet and exercise. I spent some time looking into Lap-Band this week only to discover that our suck-ass insurance plan doesn't cover it or any other invasive weight loss programs.

GRRR! I'm losing ground here. I've got some support from family and friends, but I just don't know if I can do this?? I mean, it's totally NOT a vanity thing. It's all about good healthy living (minus anything white and enriched). I've done good this year with changing some habits, but I'm a compulsive over eater. I'm good until the stress hits, then I'm carbo-loading like a pot head. But I'm hoping that once I start seeing the slider on the scale scooting back to the left instead of eeking to the right, I'll be inspired and I can keep going.


I've got some more research to do and information to explore, then I've got to find a starting point. I'm tired of being "The Fat Chick". This has GOT to happen and it's got to happen NOW.
I don't have high cholesterol or high blood pressure, but I want to NOT go there. Dealing with the diabetes and neuropathy is bad enough. I don't need another ticking time bomb to play "Hot Potato" with.


That's about all for now. I know this wasn't one of my best, but this was DEFINITELY my WTF (in an awakening kind of way) moment this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home