Saturday, June 21, 2008
Yep - it's here. OFFICIALLY.
I was looking for some kind of cool graphic or photo....this was the coolest one I could find. The rest of them were all TOO CUTE & TOO GIRLY looking. If I still lived in Yuma (AZ) I could have taken a photo of an egg frying on the sidewalk. It was 118F there today....and anyone who knows me knows how much I DETEST that "it's a DRY HEAT" saying...yeah, it's a dry heat, alright - like a friggin' OVEN on 450F!!!!! Ug!
It got up to 101F here today. That's just too freakin' hot.
I've been writing this blog for 4 years now - and if it's one thing I'm consistent about it's HOW MUCH I HATE THE HEAT. I love everything else about Arizona - except the flippin' heat.
So what did I do???
I went out and bought a new car today! TAH-DAH! Here's ME with said car. I call her "Miss Scarlett" :o)
Lemme tell you what - it's 4 years newer than my old car, has 50,000 fewer miles on it and my car payment only went up $20 - and this is all with our TRAIN WRECKED CREDIT because of me being fired from the hotel last year. That "anniversary" also passed this week - I barely noticed it - I am so happy with where I am now and what I'm doing. "EFF YOU FAT & HAM!!!!"
Anyhow - I LOVE THIS CAR. I always admired Pontiacs. Miss Scarlett is a 2005 Grand Am. V6. Wide track. SHWEET! I feel so much safer in this car than I did my other one. The Ford Focus I had was just getting tired. It's sad, too, because it was only 7 years old and the LAST Ford I had before that one lasted 11 years. A few of you might have been privy to my story about it taking me 3 hours to get home from Phoenix (which is like a 110 mile drive) on the night of June 1st because that damned car kept crappin out on me....being stuck on the side of Interstate 17 for 15 minute stretches was NO FUN. I was just waiting for some psycho killer to attack me. Oy. It was that night I decided that car was on its way out. Ralph got stuck on the side of the road here in town yesterday for over an hour.
So it was today we went looking for something more reliable. I wasn't PLANNING on BUYING a new car today - it just happened. It was meant to be, I suppose. And here's a shout out to the guys @ MINGUS MOTORS - they RAWK! What a GREAT sales team! (A side note - if you checked out the website - that building was THE FIRST GAS STATION in Prescott Valley back in 1966 when that's all PV was: a gas station & a motel -that historical site is still standing!)
So -for now- I'm as happy as I can be. Even if I DID have to sacrifice my cell phone for the next few months....it's WORTH IT.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home