Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Saturday, June 14, 2008

My Raving Review....


If this book DOESN'T become a movie, I'd be surprised. This is the stuff that screenplays are MADE of.



A friend of mine gave me Palahniuk's Choke for Christmas last year and I was instantly HOOKED. This writer is so far out there, he's beyond out there. His audacity to write what other's would only think keeps the reader turning pages like there's no tomorrow.

And the irony in this is that I didn't much care for the MOVIE Fight Club. But I bet I would enjoy the book. It's sad that there's SO MUCH lost in translation from book to screenplay. Sometimes details are lost that are embedded in the reader's mind that will be recalled FOREVER. I know there are SEVERAL books that I have felt that way about in which the movie didn't measure QUITE up to the book. And sadly, the classic motion picture going on 70 years old, Gone With The Wind, is one of those movies.....but I digress.

If you're looking for a suspenseful read this summer, this might be more of a library check out than a purchase (it's a little older) for a book but it's still a great read.

2 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, June 18, 2008 , Blogger Nicki said...

DON'T CARE FOR FIGHT CLUB?!?!?!? ARE YOU FREAKING **HIGH** WOMAN!?!!?!? Fight Club is the most awesomest movie to have TWO hotties at a time in it.

Gimme your friend card. I'm calling it in.

 
At 9:58 PM, June 21, 2008 , Blogger *~JoDi~* said...

Oh no you don't - I've got a PLATINUM FRIEND CARD...you can't take that away from me....

:p

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home