Anarchy In August

“I’m back…the fog has lifted…the earth has shifted….”
Hey Y’all.
Well, it’s been a TRULY interesting month in my life. My sincerest apologies for not being around much.
I sent out an email back about a week ago, letting everyone close to me know why I haven’t been around much, so I won’t go into it too much here, but let’s just say that my patience, faith, and well-being are being challenged in a HUGE way right now. I’ve been through some shit in my life, but this has GOT to be up near the top of "THE SHITTIEST."
There have been so many ideas for bloggings that have come to mind and then just went right out this month. I guess most of them were trivial and not of much importance, or I would have found time to offer my 2 cents for what they were worth.
On of the most trying things I am dealing with right now is another plethora of doctors trying to figure out if I need spinal surgery or not. I had an MRI back on 7/31 – the day I attended CRUE-FEST in Phoenix, where it was upwards of 113F that day. (Fuckin’ aye right it was worth it and I’d do it again!!!). The results have come back that there are several bulging and herniated discs with tears around them in my lumbar spine. There are compressed nerve roots and something called Spinal Stenosis going on. All of this is irreversible and progressively degenerative.
The rheumatologist’s office can’t seem to find a local neuro-surgeon that’s contracted with my crappy health insurance for me to consult with. I am going to have to go to Phoenix (AGAIN) or Tucson, AZ, to see someone. I am seeing Dr. O. (the rheumatologist) TODAY and I will let him know how unhappy I am that his staff isn’t giving him or me the support both of us need to help me.
In the meantime, I have Dr. N at the clinic I work at who is helping me manage the pain and radiculopathy. Yeah, I get some pretty heavy painkillers that are highly sought after by some people for reasons of addiction or recreational use, but I really wouldn’t wish any of this on anyone – not even my worst enemy – EVER. I feel like my quality or life is spiraling downward faster than I care to think about.
On one good note, though, Dr. N. is helping my weight problem. He switched one of my medications and it happens to have a side effect of enhancing and speeding up the metabolism --and I’ve lost 12 pounds since August 6th. This is a VERY GOOD thing. I’m also doing yoga as well as aqua therapy for pain management and to control the radiculopathy. Some days are better than others. This is probably going to be a long, tedious and drawn out process of getting me better and healing my condition. I’m not trying to complain, but I just want everyone know that I am up against a brick wall and some days I hit back, other days I cower in the corner. That’s just the way it is.
Now…onto better things! \m/>.<\m/

(The view from the balcony...)
Last night, Trish and I went to see POISON, DOKKEN, and SEBASTIAN BACH in Phoenix. The show was at the Dodge Theater in downtown Phoenix and it was AWESOME!!!!! I don’t care HOW OLD these dudes are getting – they still ROCK HARD and put on some of the greatest shows EVAR!!!! C.C. DeVille was in TOP form, Bret has been working out and taking care of himself, Bas can still hit those high notes like someone’s got him by the balls and even though he was recovering from a throat problem, even Don Dokken had it goin’ on!!!!!! 1986 FOR-EV-ARRR!!!!!! The next show we’re looking at is Journey and Cheap Trick in October. Kid Rock’s also going to be at the Dodge, but I am not sure if I really want to see him or not? I just want to say, though, that I have waited ALL SUMMER for the show last night and it was WELL WORTH IT. And for those of you who are “Rock Of Love” fans, Bret says the new season starts January 3, 2009 on VH-1.(Me, in front of the Bon Jovi guitar in the lobby at the Dodge Theater-- PHX, AZ)
So besides being a slave to the grind at the clinic, trying to find my girls a new Girl Scout Troop, keepin’ the family unit together and functioning, all while trying to maintain my sanity, that’s about every thing that’s goin’ on in my world. Again, I’m sorry I haven’t been around much, but bitches stay BUSY these days… knowhutimsayin??
Anyhow, I hope to be around more and keep things updated better. Don’t give up on me!!!
Much love to those I love….
P.S. I am SOOO FREAKIN' HAPPY to have the day off from the clinic today!!!!! :o)






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home