Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Monday, October 11, 2004

OMG..They Wrote A Song ABout Me.....

I about DIED when I first heard the song, "1985" by the band, Bowling For Soup...I had heard their other stuff, but I can identify with poor Debbie and this song (I made my own changes in italics...) :

Debbie just hit the wall (Jodi just hit the wall)
she never had it all
one Prozac a day
husbands a CPA (Husband's a pain in the "a")
her dreams went out the door
when she turned twenty four
only been with one man (Livin' with one man)
what happened to her plan?

She was gonna be an actress
she was gonna be a star
she was gonna shake her ass
on the hood of Whitesnake’s car
her yellow SUV (Her little family)
is now the enemy
looks at her average life
and nothing has been alright since

Bruce Springsteen, Madonna
way before Nirvana there was U2 and Blondie
and music still on MTV
her two kids in high school (her 2 kids in grade school)
they tell her that she’s uncool
but she still preoccupied
with 19, 19, 1985

She’s seen all the classics
she knows every line
Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink even Saint Elmo’s Fire
she rocked out to Wham!
not a big Limp Bizkit fan (although I do like some LB stuff!)
thought she’d get a hand
on a member of Duran Duran
Where’s the mini-skirt made of snake skin
and who’s the other guy that's singing in Van Halen
when did reality become T.V.
what ever happen to sitcoms, game shows (on the radio there was)

Bruce Springsteen, Madonna
way before Nirvana there was U2 and Blondie
and music still on MTV
her two kids in high school
they tell her that she’s uncool
but she still preoccupied with 19, 19, 1985 Woohoo

She hates time
Make it stop
when did Motley Crew become classic rock?
And when did Ozzy become an actor?
Please make this stop
Stop!

And bring back Springsteen, Madonna
way before Nirvana there was U2 and Blondie
and music still on MTV
her two kids in high school
they tell her that she’s uncool
but she still preoccupied with 1985

......Yep...those were good times.....*sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home