Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Sunday, September 04, 2005

A Little Good News...

OK we all know about Hurricane Katrina. I've given up a good percentage of my grocery money from next week's budget & gave it to the Salvation Army. I can't travel there to help, so money was the best I could do.

The scenes are sad, devastating and makes me so thankful for the few things I have on this Earth. It's not much, but it's mine and right now I have it in my possession. It's going to take months for clean up and rebuilding in Louisiana and Mississippi. People's lives have been changed forever. I pray for them and their families and lives. I hope that God has mercy on them.

But I came across this story today.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050904/sc_afp/usweatherzoo_050904225204

It's almost a promise of hope to me...that no matter how bad things are, there's still life among the dead. I thought so often over this last week about the animals. I thought a lot about homeless people too. "What happened to them? I hope they are OK...." crossed my mind more than once. I think that whenever I hear of natural disasters like this. I know God works in mysterious ways, but to me, animals don't deserve that kind of wrath. Neither do people, but at least we have the brains and sense to know what's coming and to get out of it's path if we are able. I for one am glad that the storm has passed. There's a lot of work to be done on all parts in the efforts to rebuild and refacilitate. I intend to do what I can from my location here in AZ.

Let the healing and mending begin.

2 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, September 05, 2005 , Blogger Stormy said...

Hey Jodi~
I just posted about the cats and dogs that a NY shelter have gone to save. They drive busses back and forth from the south to NY. They have 163 so far.

Animals are smart and sense danger. They seek higher ground and whatever.

I did a donation through our church and then one to the animal society.

Rebulding NO will take an extremely long time.

 
At 12:08 PM, September 06, 2005 , Blogger *~JoDi~* said...

Bill--thanks for reading, but please don't spam my blog with your ad in the future.

Sonya - Thank you too...it's nice to know the effort I've put into my blog is appreciated and enjoyed for it's entertainment value :)

Stormy - I know that animals have that instinct, but so many were either trapped or chained and had no chance because they were forgotten. That's what's sad to me.

All in all--thanks for reading, Folks! I appreciate your stopping by "My Crazy Life"...:D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home