To Blog, Or Not To Blog...That Is The Question?
Last night while laying in bed trying to fall asleep as my head pounded, I had a quasi-epiphany.
I am considering giving up the blog.
It's been a true companion for over 2 years now, but I mean, TRULY...what IS the point? At this time in my life, I have SO MANY other things I could be doing with my free time. I like my blog, but apparently it doesn't serve that much of a purpose.
It's been the cause of some disturbances between me and a couple of friends of mine. It's caused some hard feelings within my family because I "spoke the truth". It's something I feel committed and tethered to, and the ONLY thing I am committed to right now is my family.
I've come to realize, that people...friends...aquaintences...MOST of them REALLY DON'T CARE that much about MY life. Most of my family would rather pick up a phone & talk to me anyhow. Most of my friends, If they ARE reading it, don't let on like they are. No one ever says anything. And then the people who DO are always reading between the lines and wanting to know what this & that "meant". I have nothing to hide. I have no ulterior motives. I shouldn't have to live my life explaining myself. Especially to perfect strangers.
I guess if I want a forum to vent my frustrations in, I can return to the paper journal. At least then I won't ever have to worry about having it deleted by the web host.
So I wanted to ask...WHY DO YOU BLOG? I would appreciate any feedback from anyone on this one. I'll even set my comments to ANNONYMOUS to give everyone a chance.
On a side note - the house sale is going through this week! The bank was able to help us and things look REAL good right now. Now I just gotta figure out the most cost-effective way to stay in our apt until we can get it in shape to turn back over to the rental agency??? Any suggestions?
Later Taters!






1 Comments:
Well, I use my blog to let friends know what I'm up to. I don't have time to sit and write a bunch of emails. *I struggle with letters, as you know* Some friends choose to still email and that's fine. I do that too.
Just a thought. If you use your MySpace, you can blog over there when you want to. Or not.
I hear ya on the lurking people though. They are always an issue with everyone who posts online. Some people think that there is NO WAY to track them....but there is. I know where all my lurkers are from and if they lurk from work, I know that too. I could post a bunch of cities/states to prove it, but why? I have always wished that blogger would go more private so that a person could pick and choose who they want to visit them.
My 2 cents.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home