Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Monday, August 21, 2006

We're Off To See The Thunder God!

Uh-huh!

Oh yeah!

That’s right!

Check me out!

* Jodi strikes cheerleader pose *

Tomorrow’s the big day! I can’t wait! Once again, will I be privy to one of the best shows a band can put on. If you’ve seen them before, I hope that true Lep fans will back me on the fact that those are 5 talented men!

And yes, I realize this photo is a couple of DECADES OLD…but this is how I will always see them in my mind’s eye. Joe Elliot with that luscious frosted mullet. Sav with those big bedroom eyes hiding behind a cascade of sexy brunette ringlets. Ahhhh! That’s MY Lep! A Lep that epitomizes my youth and some great times spent with friends during that youth. I imagine that people my Mom and Dad’s age think the same way when they see The Rolling Stones. Forever young, eh?

Me and co-worker Trish are off to Phoenix Tuesday evening to see Def Leppard and Journey. I wonder if they’ll have a warm up band? And WHO will it be? I haven’t been to a good concert since July of 2003 when I was in chemo. I the only 2 reasons I went was because it was bands I LOVED and I thought that there might have been a slight chance at the time that it could very well have been my LAST concert ever. I am so glad that it wasn't. Shall I live to bang my head once more! :p

I hope it’s a blast and hopefully it will let me vent off some of this stress and frustration I am under lately! Y’all just have NO idea!!!!!

Either way – I’ll see you on Wednesday! :o)

2 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, August 21, 2006 , Blogger Nicki said...

Have a blast. Def Leppard were awesome when I saw them in Chicago a year ago.

 
At 5:11 PM, August 22, 2006 , Blogger Stormy said...

Have a wonderful time, Jodi!

You know I've seen Lepp more times than I probably should have. They do put on a great concert even though it's the same set list tour after tour. That would be the one thing I'd change, if I could.

I can't wait to hear what you think of Sav now! EGADS!! He's....uh....yeah!

Anyway, I go to see Phil, that's no secret.
We have an opportunity to see them this October. Not sure if I feel like spending money then or not?! Brad & Rachel want to see Journey.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home