Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Friday, February 16, 2007

Halting History




I just wanted to put these up real quick before I dash out the door to work.





A few weeks ago, this building in downtown Prescott burnt down. This was one of a FEW buildings that DIDN'T perish in the Whiskey Row Fire Of 1900.





Now it's gone. :(





I find it odd that I have such an affection for old things such as this. Things that if they could whisper their history, it would be an intriguing one. A story you'd want to hear over and over again. I can't put my finger on why I have such a fondness, but I do, and I have for as long as I can remember.





Overall, I don't think that there's enough being done to preserve history and landmarks like this one - whether it's local or national or international. We NEED to leave a legacy for our children and the children of tomorrow.










1 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, February 16, 2007 , Blogger Steven said...

If it's not shooting hooker on a PS3 the kids aren't going to carea anyway. ;)

Of course I'm just joking and I do agree with you.

Steve~

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home