Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Cinderella's Woes...

I'm taking a break from Spring Cleaning. My husband says I'm wasting time. Whatever.



I HATE cleaning. I HATE it with a passion. I've always hated it and I hate is more so because I was forced to do it as a teen. Once I was capable enough, my Mother forced me to clean the house every day. Dishes, floor, dust, vacuum, sinks, toilets, bath tubs, laundry. Ug. My friends used to call me "Cinderella" because I had to get all of my "chores" done before I could go play. Sometimes, unbeknowenced to my Mother, they would come over and help me do my work so we could get done faster. I've ALWAYS hated housework.



And it tears me in two sometimes, because I KNOW that it has to be done. But why do *I* have to do it? I really need a maid. I'm much too fabulous for this shit. :p I've got more important things to do on my day off. Like go check out that new indoor swap mart down the road. Make a Wally World run. Take a walk in the park and check out some new CDs I got this week through a swap.



But nooooooo. My ass is stuck HERE. My hands feel all dry and cracked cuz they've been in Pine Sol water all day (I can't wear gloves - they are way too cumbersome). The dust I've cleaned up today could make a mountain, I swear. I've changed the cleaning water at least 5 times already. And I haven't even made a dent in it. And the really sad thing? This is MY BEDROOM I'm talking about. I feel almost ashamed.


Maybe once I get a handle on it, I can keep it up better. I mean for the most part my house is just a landing pad for me between take offs and landings - I'm always on the go. Maybe once the visual clutter and the dirt are gone I'll spend more time just relaxing here.



I have to tackle this like I have to tackle my health issue: slowly but surely.



Wish me luck - and could someone PLEASE send me a dust mask????




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home