Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Oh My Achin' Back....


Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit.



I'm on my way. I'm not sure WHERE TO, but I'm on my way there and HOPEFULLY in the end, it will mean I will be PAIN-FREE.


I finally met with my pain management Dr. this week (Dr. N) and BEGGED him to help me.


Apparently the people at Dr. O's office dropped the ball. They tried 2 times to refer me and both times it flopped. The first Dr wasn't contracted with my insurance and the 2nd Dr. was a neurologist - NOT a SPINE DR.


This has been grueling. I've been dealing with severe anxiety for about a month over the facts that I am in pretty much debilitating pain 24/7 and that one really hard fall could turn me into a paraplegic like *SNAP* that!


So Dr. N gets our referrals lady, "J" working on my referral on Tuesday and in about 18 hours, she had EVERYTHING arranged. She kicks ASS. I am so happy - you just can't imagine HOW HAPPY...it's good to have friends in high places.


On October 2, 2008, I am going to Sonoran Spine Center in Mesa, AZ. I am going for a surgical consult with Dr. Jason Datta. I am scared shitless, but then again I am full of hope and ready to do something besides pop pills to control my pain. I was so relieved when I read all over the website and saw what they had to say and what all they have to offer. Tears of alleviation and joy rolled down my face.


If you don't have any kind of back pain, I don't wish it on ANYONE - not even my worst enemy. If you do have it, please don't give up finding the right Dr. that will help you. There is one out there - you just have to be persistent!!! The quality of your life depends on it!!!!!



For my friends and family who read me here...you're the ones who might actually READ the below information - these are the conditions I am being evaluated for:


DDD, Lumbar Disc Herniation (x4), Spinal Stenosis and Spondylolisthesis - not to mention all of the osteophytes up and down my spine pushing inward towards nerves and organs.


I am THISCLOSE to getting the help I've been waiting for. The fog has lifted and I can see clearly now with more perspective. I can't wait - October can't arrive fast enough if you ask me!!!!


I will definitely keep everyone posted!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home