What Doesn't Kill You....
...will make you wish that you were dead, anyhow."
Where does Jodi start? Good Lord I done feel like Hurricane Ike done hit Arizona this week!
I was doing OK back at the beginning of the month and through the first week-10 days or so and then **BLAM-O!!!!** out of nowhere this virus took me down like a fat chick takin’ down the last Twinkie in the grocery store.
On Thursday 9/11, my “usual” PCP Dr. diagnosed me with “sinusitis” and sent me home with Lavaquin. I felt like I’d been drug through a knothole backwards! Mercy! And for some reason, I just couldn’t accept that diagnosis. I have chronic sinusitis…and I had NEVER felt like I did Thursday. You know? That feeling where you lay on the bed, crying, burning with fever, nauseous and pleading for God to just take your life because you're ready to go???
So I suffered through the next day at work and by 5p I though I was going to die. On Saturday, Dr. N @ the clinic saw me and said to me, “People only shake with a fever like that when they have a kidney infection or a blood infection.” And I was sent off to find out what it was. Not to mention that the left side of my throat was swelling shut and I could no longer swallow without spitting everywhere. I get a little uncomfortable when my air way is compromised.
My Right kidney is weird. It has 2 extra arteries and 2 extra ureters on it, indicating that at some point in my fetal development there's a slim chance I was supposed to be TWINS. The poor thing works overtime all the time and I’ve NEVER had a problem with "Lazy Ol' Lefty” over there. My right kidney was trying to shut down. EVERYTHING was infected from the kidney to the urethral opening (yeah I know it’s “TMI” but I am trying to paint a picture here, dammit!!!!!). I DID have a positive test for strep throat - my mouth looked and still kind of looks like THIS...yummy, huh?? {:-(
So I suffered and am getting through this. Ralph was my beacon, my girls kept me going. I couldn’t talk to my Mom because every time I did, she was CERTAIN my cancer was coming back. (I swear that woman USED to have “game” and now I don’t know what her deal is???) Ralph got 2 extra days off work on Fri and Sat and I got 5 since last week. I guess I should be carfeul what I wish for... as I had been wishing that lately that I could take some time off. This is NOT what I had in mind.
Today is the last day of rest for me and I go in tomorrow for Dr. N to recheck me and see if I am fit to return to work. Yesterday was the first day I had no fever in 6 days. Today is the first day I am sitting up for longer then 30 minutes at a time. My back (in the kidney area, of course) is SO tender. I feel like I’ve been beat with a baseball bat. Thank God for Percocet. If I go back tomorrow, if may only be half a day or something. What I am hoping for as far as a diagnosis is not NEPHRITIS. But I heard the nuse use that word and now I'm concerned.
I wonder how they are fairing without me at work? I am sure that my direct supervisor is THRILLED since I am on her “shit list” anyhow. The girls from the front office FINALLY called today and said “Hi- hope you’re feeling better – drink plenty of fluids –we miss you - WHEN ARE YOU COMING BACK TO WORK???” Trust me, if I had my druthers, I’d NEVER come back, but dammit I LIKE to eat and have electricity and a car to drive….so I guess it will be soon-ish.
On the “OH NO YOU DI’INT!!!” front….Verizon declined my request to buy a phone from them. One day I got an email saying that I needed to put down a $125 deposit for each line and then the next day I got an email from them stating that they were canceling my order. I didn’t even get to THINK about it before they kicked me to the curb. Damn…the fast food workin’ irresponsible teen mother of 2 can have the fucking gold-plated iPhone and * I * can’t even get a refurbished phone??? How do these people afford these fucking phones with all the bells and whistles???? What’s wrong with this picture???? Maybe I’ll just go see Chad at Alltell (My wireless ‘weetie) :o)
Well I guess that’s about all on my end. The kids are doing good (real good in school – I am SO PROUD of them!!!), Ralph’s tired of being my nurse and Beauje’s so big now he knocks ya down if you try to pet him. He’s just a baby – but he doesn’t realize how big and clumsy he is…But I luz him and the other fur babies around here…they have known something’s been wrong and they’ve been there to comfort me. :o)
When there’s more to write about, I guess I will…but until then just remember this:






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home