Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Don't Despair! I AM Alive!

Hey All...

Well I've had an interesting few days to say the least. I still feel like there's not enough hours in a day to get done what I need to and still get the sleep I NEED to function on!

Monday was kind of a blur..I remember cleaning a little house, and going to town to the doctors.

THAT was interesting all in itself! I went to the oncologist first and he detected NO palpitable lymph nodes! Yay! That means he can't feel them with his hands. This is good. he also said I can do pretty much whatever I want as long as I can tolerate it! That's good, too. I go back to see him on 9/23/04 after all of the radiation is gone from my body. I thought that was going to happen Monday, but apparently, I was jumping the gun! Bad Jodi! It takes 8-12 WEEKS for my body to rejuvenate itself from the treatments. So..at least I have that to look forward to!

Then, Tuesday...Lord, Tuesday. I don't think I could have been any BLINDER! OK, JD from Sears called me last week and asked me to go to Flagstaff (AZ) with her to do the kid's program in the mall up there. I didn't think anything of it because I know that studios on Northern AZ are hurting for staff right now. So she picks me up Tues. morning @ like 7:15am and we drive 90 miles to Flagstaff. We get there, do the kid's program, and what I didn't grasp was the the studio manager for Flag was there. Why didn't he help JD do it?? Well, just before the show was over, the Asst. District Manager, Michelle, shows up! I knew she'd been in Flag training the new manager there, but I didn't think she was still there. Again, this wasn't out of the ordinary, so I didn't think anything of it. We go back to the studio, hang out there a little bit, then Michelle takes me and JD to lunch...I knew they had to talk, but I thought I was just gonna stay in the studio. Michelle in vted me along. This is where the RED FLAG went up..."Hmm? I'm goin' to lunch on the company dime? I must be gonna get fired today!"

So we go to the Ruby Tuesdays in the mall. It's all good..our waiter is SMOKIN' hot...(tee hee!) and half way through lunch and them talking about this, that and everything else, Michelle turns to me and says, "You know..I would like to talk to you about either an asst. position or a manager position in the Prescott studio." I think my jaw dropped open. I looked @ JD and she had this look on her face like "Don't HIT me!!" I laughed and told Michelle that I'd already accepted another position. Well, she's a sales person by heart,so she started trying to SELL me this idea. I listened to her. And just bided my time by saying I would think about it. Then she said, "Well, JD tells me you have management experience. I can start you out at $12.50/hour." Again, I think my jaw dropped. I am making less than that at Embry-Riddle, but honestly, the work isn't really work. I was thinking yesterday and today that no matter what, I am gonna be WORKING my ASS off for the $12.50/hour. So I had to listen to JD talk about it all the way home and how there's bonuses and all these perks and benefits, blah, blah, blah.

Then, I got mad.

WHY does fate always do this to me!??? WHY!? This happened in 1996 when I wanted to go to work for Yuma County and the Wilson's wanted me to manage their restaurant. I take one offer and then look..here comes another one that looks more promising. ARRRRGGGG! I could just scream. I hate being faced with shit like that!

But I did make my decision today and I am going with Embry-Riddle. I think the Chief knows he's pretty lucky, too, because he even changed the schedule around to suit *MY* needs. What a guy. Even if Ralph thinks he IS pretty. So..schedule I want, brand new truck, what more could I ask for? MF told me today too that I made the right choice, that working for the college isn't really work. On the other hand, I don't think I could DEAL with Sears @ Xmas time. I mean I don't mind working in retail, but it's not my strong suit because I REFUSE to be a pushy sales person. Period. No one or no amount of money can make me compromise my principles there.

Now I just have to find a way to let JD down easy. *SIGH* That sucks, too, cuz she's cool and all, and I still wanna stay @ Sears one day a week, but I just don't know? I don't want any bad blood over this and I told her, "No matter what I decide, someone's feelings are gonna get hurt and that's the way it is." I don't think she was thinking it would be her.

OK..I think my toe nail polish is dry now. I am going to bed. I have to train my replacement tomorrow and we all now how much Jodi LOVES training people (*Jodi rolls her eyes*)

OH--it was NW's birthday today! Happy Birthday Girl! I love ya more than Travis and Jason put together! >:p

1 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, August 05, 2004 , Blogger Stormy said...

Wow! That is awesome--2 great job offers. I'm jealous. I can't even get one. It's a conspiracy, I tell ya!

You followed your heart Jodi and I think you made the best decision for yourself.

The best of luck always.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home