Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Appalachian Adventures - Day 3

Somebody pray for the salvation of my mortal soul! It was CHURCH DAY today!

And this was NOT my first time being in the Greenbrier Regular Baptist Church (as opposed to the IRREGULAR Baptist Church!?!?!?!), but it still amazes me that it doesn't burn down around me when I walk up in there. I never claimed to be perfect, and I admit to the fact that I am a sinner. BUT I ACCEPT THAT. I personally don't feel that I am forgiven for my sins just because I ASK to be. And it burns me up that no one in his family can accept the fact that THEIR way of worship IS NOT EVERYONE'S WAY!!!!!! And lemme tell you something else, after 8 years of marriage into this family I am PRETTY sick of it. I try not to ever talk religion with people. It's way too controversial and PERSON to discuss. My faith is my business. I try to share my views of the gospel NEVER because my own personal way isn't everyone's and that's the beauty of this country: it's FREE...we are FREE to worship how we choose. We are FREE to believe what we want. We are FREE to keep our mouths shut about it if we choose. And a lot of people think it might be because I am ashamed to admit I love Christ, but it's not. It's a very personal relationship and I just DO NOT want to talk about it. Period.

Do you think his Mother will accept that? I listen to her and I take it to heart, but I know she thinks I am blowing her off when she preaches to me, but that's not it. It's just something I don't care to discuss. No one ever pushed my beliefs on me...I was never FORCED to go to church. I like it. It reminds me sometimes of my mistakes and the things I should be doing...more or less puts me in my place. Gives me some strength and sets me right with my thoughts and feelings. But just because I don't go EVERY Sunday doesn't make me a heathen. I wish these people would get off my back.

OK. I am done. Off the soap box for one more day.

Still no luggage. These people are pissing me off ROYALLY. *sigh* I am trying to be patient bc I know this was a difficult holiday and weekend for lots of other people besides me, but enough is enough already!!!!!

Later taters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home