Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Saturday, June 18, 2005

"The Highlight Reel"

Well, now….seeing as my children’s care schedule has changed, I find myself with Saturday mornings FREE…as long as Ralph stays in BED. LOL.

Normally this would be my “recap” entry, but not a whole lot happened this week!?

AAM had a birthday on Tuesday…not that big of a deal to him. I can sympathize, though, with having a quasi-patriotic birthday myself. For those of you without a Gregorian calendar, that would be FLAG DAY for him and PEARL HARBOR DAY for me. Ralph tried to get in on the action spouting that sometimes his birthday falls on the FIRST DAY OF AUTUMN, but that’s more of a sun/moon thing, not a US Government thing….AAM is also bummed because he didn’t get the answer YET from Summit Fire he was looking for. Don’t stop believin’!

Kaylin, my little rowdy one, is learning to swim! I am so proud of her! She was doing her little guppy/tadpole thing in the pool Wednesday. I don’t know HOW those kids were able to swim for 3 hours, go to bed @ 9pm, then be up @ 8am? I used to have that energy but not anymore. I was just about DEAD on Thurs. from Wed.! At least none of us got too sunburned. I can’t deny them something as simple as the water. They love it and it’s free.

Also had Mom and Dad over for a BBQ on Wednesday. I had margaritas...the guys had beer. Mom had a Vicodin. Oh well. The steaks were GOOD! I tried a new marinade with Jack Daniels in it. Talk about meat falling off the bone!!! I was thinking and I guess that COOKING is MY talent. Fora long time I didn't really think I HAD a "talent", per say, but not everyone can pour whatever's in the cabinet into a pot, shake out some herbs and seasonings, baste the meat in it and call it dinner ;) Now that's TALENT baby! Or as Emril would say, "*BLAM*!" :D

My hip is killing me. There’s some kind of pinching quickie feeling in my left hip joint. Enough to make me cry out if I move the wrong way. And the thing that troubles me is that it’s getting worse, not better. I have all kinds of aches and pains…I either just self-medicate and ice/heat until it subsides. That’s not the case in THIS matter. Gonna have to go see Dr. Duncan if this keeps up. WHAT A DRAG IT IS GETTING OLD…..

(I decided too, that anytime I use song lyrics, I am going to italicize and color them…)

Ooo—the coffee’s ready—BRB…..

Mmmmmmmmm…good coffee. I feel that how your brew turns out is indicative of how your DAY is going to turn out. If it’s weak and tasteless…your day will be that way too. If it turns out robust and full of flavor…then it’s ON! Just my own personal opinion. Your day is only as good as your coffee is strong.

Work is work. It’s so dead right now and we have to BABYSIT the track field. No one’s allowed on it until the rubber crap has time to “cure” and that’s gonna take DAYS. I mean they are talking until the 4th Of July. Whatever. By the 4th Of July, I will be making 65 cents and hour MORE than I am making right now. That may not seem like much, but if you spread it over the entire fiscal year, it’s $1352.00! No wonder they tell you what your pay increase is over THE YEAR and then leave you to figure out the hourly math on that bad boy. It just looks better when it’s the bigger number. Pretty sneaky!

OK, well I am about done here. Wrappin’ it up. Gonna have a good day and might even pick up some OT tonight. Hope your weekend is a good one!

Later taters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home