By The Skin Of My Teeth....

I had to go to the dentist Thursday to get a temp filling put in the tooth I had the root canal done on in June 2005. Wasn't too bad. I always expect the WORST because I am usually a nervouse wreck anytime ANYONE comes near my mouth with a metal hook. I also saw a new doctor in the practice, Dr. Michael Baird. This saddened me. I was SOO looking forward to seeing Dr. Boehme (pronounced: "BOW-mee")!!! Not only is he THE HOTTEST dentist I've ever had, but he puts me at ease. And secretly, I just love to lay there and gaze into his big blue eyes. *sigh*. I don't think I am going to like seeing Dr. Baird, though. :o( Despite the fact that he was gentle with his hook, made interesting small talk and was a CELAN Dr., I can't help but get the image of his HAIRY HANDS undreneath the latex gloves out of my mind. It kind of grosses me out in a way. I don't know WHY body hair bothers me, but when there's excesses of it on places where God didn't intend much hair...it's disturbing to me. I've got at least 3 months before they have to start the build up to the crown. Hopefully My Dr. Boehme will be back by then--bless his gorgeous little Morman heart! :) I mean I hate the dentist as much as the next coward, but at least when you've got a LITTLE something to look froward to, it's not quite SO bad.
Maybe I'll ask for Nitrous next time??? That ought to pass the time in the chair >;)
P.S. You all DO KNOW that your teeth DO NOT have "skin", right? :p






2 Comments:
They waited three months before putting a TEMP filling in? Isn't that a little excessive?
OOPS! My Bad!
I forgot to mention that the one he put in when he did the root canal was wearing away. It wasn't an INITAL filling--it was a replacement! :p
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home