BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!

:p OK OK, so I am about 2 weeks late on this one...does that surprise you? As my Dad would say, "We're running on 'Jodi Time' here!"
Anyhow, I found this poem on New Year's day and thought it was very fitting and relevant to my attempts to get and keep my shit together this year. DAMMIT, THIS IS GONNA BE THE YEAR! :)
Anyhow--enjoy! I'll come back and write more when I actually have something interesting to say. Right now, I am scraping the bottom of the barrel on that one. Hope you all have a great weekend!
A Way To A Happy New Year
To leave the old with a burst of song;
To recall the right and forgive the wrong;
To forget the things that bind you fast
To the vain regrets of the year that’s past;
To have the strength to let go your hold
Of the not worthwhile of the days grown old;
To dare go forth with a purpose true,
To the unknown task of the year that’s new;
To help your brother along the road,
To do his load and lift his load;
To add your gift to the world’s good cheer,
Is to have and to give a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
--Robert B. Beattie






1 Comments:
I like that poem, Jodi. Everything in it is true...
Forget the past regrets and look to the new year..
Be kind and help your neighbor...
All things that people should try and remember to do anyway.
I hope that you and your family have a blessed 2006!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home