Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Sunday, January 01, 2006



Just a moment I have to sit down here and wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Now I've ALWAYS been a die-hard optimist about the new year when it rolls around ever 365 days (366 on leap year!). This year is no different. I've got plans to set adrift. I've got ideas to put into motion. I've got steep mountains of dreams to start climbing.

But do you wanna hear something even funnier? In my HUMBLE opinion, it's BAD LUCK to reveal your New Year's Resolutions. Kinda of like a WISH when you blow out the candles on your birthday cake? You know what I'm talking about? Good..because I've got them written down and taped to the backside of my new 2006 calendar. YES, as a matter of fact, I do DO this EVERY year. You have to have something to look forward to...even if it is just a game that you play with your own psyche.

Anyhow, Ralph and I stayed in and had a quiet night last night. We busted our butts cleaning out, throwing away and re-organizing yesterday. Felt GOOD to make some room for the new year! I can't explain it...it's almost therapeutic for me. :o) And I love him so much--he's such a helper and motivator when he wants to be. We make a good team, I can't knock that.

I also sat and reflected back on my year...2005 was a transition year if you ask me. Financial independence, getting my act together (LITERALLY and FIGURATIVELY!!!!), staying well enough so that my cancer didn't metastasize..it's ALL good. I've got nothing but a positive outlook for this year! For now. Wait until it's JULY here and I am DYING in the heat! LOL! I never have been one for temps over about 75F!

Anyhow, I hope that all my fair readers had a nice holiday season with their families or loved ones. May God bless you abundantly and keep you in His good faith in the new year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home