Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Thursday, January 05, 2006

SAY WHAT!? (Read to the bottom!)

I don’t think I’ve mentioned it here in my blog at all, but I am losing my hearing. Rather QUICKLY. It’s mainly due to complications from tinnitus. Google it if you don’t know what I am talking about. You CAN get it from poking yourself too hard with a Q-tip or, in my case, TOO MUCH LOUD MUSIC!!!

Anyhow, my ears ring CONSTANTLY. Some days it’s worse than others depending on what the weather is like. Overcast days: I can predict them from the moment I wake up of a morning; my sinuses are pounding and my ears are just humming away. “What does it sound like?” you wonder? Well, if you’ve ever been any place where the cicadas or “Cadi-Dids” (and NO they aren’t LOCUSTS) sing in the trees and shed their skins the summer—THAT’S IT. I’ve heard it described many different ways. I’ve been to 2 ear/nose/throat doctors and they all tell me the same thing: “Sorry!” It's permanent and it's irreversible.

So, buzz, buzz, buzz every stinkin' day of my life. It’s aggravating to no end if I don’t have some kind of noise on in the background. Without the noise--I'd already of committed suicide; oh it's WORSE than Chinese water torture could EVER be!!! But, I live with it. Aren’t you SURPRISED you haven’t heard any complaints before NOW!?!?!? :p

But I am noticing more and more that I am asking people to repeat themselves, and if I am not IN SIGHT of someone who’s speaking to me, I can’t understand a flippin’ word. It’s all garbled. I know people are getting annoyed with me as of late, but there’s not a lot I can do. I’ve even noticed that I am talking louder (I know SOME of you are wondering HOW that’s possible!?!?!) to speak OVER the buzzing. Oy. But just know I am doing the best I can….

Now HERE is where my little entry here gets interesting:

I love Kanye West’s song “Gold Digger”. Who doesn’t? It was, like, the “Macarena” of 2005. And the background vocals from Jamie Foxx are a PLUS to the song. The more I delve into the work they've both done, the more I am enjoying it.

But the other day I finally gave it up and got onto http://www.wowlyrics.com/ (my FAVORITE lyrics website) and had to look up exactly what Jamie Foxx was saying in the background. He is singing: “I gotta leave” ….and all this time since the song came out, I thought he was saying “I GOTTA WEAVE.”

I should get my hearing checked again REAL soon, don’tcha think!?!?!?!

** even funnier is that my MicroSoft Spell Check program doesn’t recognize ‘tinnitus’ AS A WORD…oy vey! *rolls eyes*

1 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, January 05, 2006 , Blogger Stormy said...

I know I have some hearing damage from the 80s rock concerts as well. We didn't wear earplugs.

One time when I had an ear infection, my ear was red. The dr then asked me if it hurt and he thought that was odd....and I said to myself that it was all those concerts!

Happy 2006 Jodi!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home