GEORGE CARLIN IS GOD!!!!

And a very happy Sunday to ya! My, my…football games goin’ on, tax time comin’ up, holiday tomorrow—we Americans are a BUSY people these days!
Looks like there might be TRACE precipitation here in our area tonight. Our area is like 90 miles North of Phoenix, Arizona’s illustrious capital; where one lucky bastard dies every 1.7 days! (“Hey Maw -A-duhLet’s load up th’ truck and move ta ‘FEENIX’!!!”: NO THANK YOU). Anyhow, the temperature dropped 30 (Yes, THIRTY) degrees in about 4 hours. That’s quick for around here. It’s pretty nippy out there right now (36F/2C with a wind chill of 29F/-2C!! BRR!) and it’s kind of a shock because I was sweating like a [insert euphemism here] while I was getting ready for work today. Right now it’s colder than the fur on a polar bear’s ass!
Anyhow, I didn’t want my post to be about the weather tonight. It’s winter; it’s cold and crappy EVERYWHERE (except maybe TAHITI) and there’s nothing more any one wants to hear about it.
What I did want to talk about is George Carlin. I love this man. I’ve loved him since I was about 6 years old and heard and tore up, scratchy LP of his “7 Words The FCC Won’t Let You Say On The Air.” Well, for the last 3 years, I’ve bought calendars that have little “Carlin-isms” for each day on them. This keeps me grounded more than anyone will ever know. I think his most brilliant work is “Silly Putty and Napalm.” I listen to the “Complaints & Grievances” CD regularly. Safe to say he’s worth a bow of “I’m-Not-Worthiness”. He tells it like so many people WISH they could. And he's still respected and liked. He says things that other people don't have the cajones to say...well, MAYBE Carlos Mencia, but he's up against The Lord and Master of The Truth.
The pearl of Carlin Wisdom on Friday the 13th (Ooohhh—I ain’t skeered!) rang so true to me that I feel it necessary to post it here for all of my readers and/or those of you that have accidentally stumbled upon my blog today. (LUCKY YOU—bookmark me!) Here goes—and tell me if you don’t agree too:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually DESPERATE to have people think that they don’t care what people think.
Think about it…I’ll wait for ya………………….caught up now? Same page as me? OK—is that not one of the truest things you’ve read in a while?? And I realized that THIS has got to be one of the top 3 reasons I don’t care much about what celebrities do or where they go or who they’re boinking THIS week…Gah!! I mean there are other reasons I hate celebs—they have more money than me is one…most of them are just whiny frat groupies who drink too much, take too many drugs and are just a waste of space if you ask me is another. But that whole image thing is up there too...wouldn’t you just DIE if you found out that…oh, I don’t know?—Ben Affleck ate his own toenails? Or that Brad Pitt has to sleep with his binky every night? I’ve got better things to do. All the time. Don’t wanna hear about it. This is also where my theory on men splits…from the whole image thing to; “Most men are absolutely gorgeous—until they open their mouths.” As Freak Magnet would say, “Aye, aye, aye!”
So, if you read my blog often, be prepared to see more of these wonderful little tid bids of lucidity in my posting. I just LOVE the man…he’s just awesome. If you’re not familiar with the material that has spanned his 50 years in the business, I highly suggest it.
Gotta be the reason I like carols Mencia so much……. (Oh look--it's snowing!)






2 Comments:
I had that same calendar last year. I don't know if I'll bother getting another this year. I've already got a 3 month-er and a full year at a glance-er up on the wall at work.
Well, I don't know about YOU, but I feel somewhat nervous if I am not within glancing distance of a calendar 24/7/365. I don't know why? I don't have a problem (VERY OFTEN!) forgetting or mistaking the date???
I just like the "joke-a-day" ones because George is an icon and it gives me a little something to look forward to every day :o) Instant gratification! You just can't beat that!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home