I Feel So "Grown-Up" Today!
“OUR HOUSE – In the middle of our street,
OUR HOUSE – And we’re buying it really cheap!”
Yes, folks, the reason for my noticeable absence (minus the birthday thing yesterday) is because the hubby and me have been busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest (Thanks, Stormy – I LOVE that one!) buying our FIRST HOUSE!
Woo Hoo – and the crowd goes wild! YESS! *Jodi pumps fist in the air*
It’s about damned time. I swear – if I would have known it was going to be this SIMPLE, we would have done this about – oh – 8 YEARS AGO! This has not been as bad as I’ve heard some people have it. Thank God for THE FAX machine. If it weren’t for that, I might have to claim GAS as an itemized expense on next year’s taxes.
(Oh cool – there’s an acoustic version of “(I Hate) Everything About You” by 3 Days Grace on Music Choice right now! I like it! [Yes, that’s my ADD acting up – “look – something shiny!”]!!)
I just can’t believe we’re buying a house….my home will be my castle - all it’s missing is the moat. I am not crazy about the name of the street and there’s no dishwasher in it, but I guess you can’t win ‘em all. I’ll take it, lock, stock and barrel.
The escrow account opened yesterday and Monday we get the loan secured with the mortgage lender. Escrow is set to close on 8/16/06, provided there’s no hold ups.
On a side note, August 16th has been quite the relevant date in my life…my Grandma’s birthday (if she were still alive, she’d be 91 this year…I miss her…we were SO close.), the day Elvis died (Yes, I DO care!) and also the very awesome thing that happened to me on 8/16/05. So, hopefully, without ado, this year’s August 16th will also be as meaningful.
WITH ME COMING OUT OF IT AS A NEW HOME OWNER! Yee-Haw. :-)
More info as it warrants…have a fantabulous weekend!






3 Comments:
So, you like that line, huh? Can't remember where I heard it, but it was ages ago.
Congrats on the house! Buying a home isn't so bad. VA loans seem to be easier than a regular loan. I thought so anyway.
Enjoy!! And just think, now there is real yard work!
Have a good one!
Congratulations. I know how anxious you were to get a house. I can remember when you thought it was never going to happen. And you can always get a dishwasher after you move in. It IS your house, after all!
Thanks, Ladies!
Stormy - the yard work is the least of my worries at this point - we've got a yard full of river rock.
Freak - thanks for believing in me...and I still say NONE of this would have happened if I hadn't of cast the first stone onto the pile...Ralph's such a lazy-ass sometimes...it's hard to get "ACTION!" out of him!!!! :p
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home