Monsoons TOO Soon?
I am SO mad at Mother Nature. >:-O
Now, if you recall, last summer, I did PLENTY of complaining about the heat. I LOATHE the heat with a purple passion on a Monday morning. I know, you’re probably thinking, “Then why in THE BLUE HELL do you LIVE in Arizona!?” Because it’s my home, that’s why. And where I live (the “high desert”, if you will), it’s only truly unbearable 3 months out of the entire year. The people from the “low desert” would beg to differ with you, but this is my rant, not theirs!
So anyhow, I had the in-laws here 3 weeks ago and it was HOT. I mean like an oven set on 450F. They were miserable. They thought Arizona was TOO hot, but that it WAS, indeed, pretty.
The monsoon season rolled in here last weekend. It’s been rainy, cloudy, breezy and downright nice with amazing thunderstorms at night since then. Daytime highs haven’t gotten over 88F. All of the wild land firefighters have had great luck in containing wildfires. The Sedona and Grand Canyon fires are history. This is wonderful—praise [insert your Holy Higher Power here].
But, alas, here's my point: the monsoon season was about 3 weeks EARLY this year. We needed it, but I want them to STAY a while. Usually this starts around the 20th of July and ends around the end of August. All I am hoping for is that the rains last well into September, and then it will just go into autumn mode (nice cool temps). That would RAWK and make moving into a new home (providing that we HAVE ONE by then!) a lot less of a challenge. I just don’t “DO” the heat. Most of my adult life, I’ve considered ALASKA as a permanent residence. But, for now, I suppose this will do. It’s dry, out of the paths of hurricanes and other weather disasters and fairly affordable.
Home sweet home for THIS "'Zonie", baby! ;-)






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home