Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Can You Believe THIS Shit??



So it's Thursday night, Juune the 8th. Hubby and I are snoozin' away. We've got the windows open because it's a deliciously cool high desert night. Right around 65F. PERFECT sleeping weather! :)

At 1:15 AM, I hear what sounds like my cat, "Spooky" fiddling with the window screen right above my head. I'm more than half asleep, so I make the "SSSSSSSSSS-GIT!" sound and thought I shoo'ed him off. Back to slumber. Not TEN MINUTES later, I hear the sound again. This time I raise up on my elbow and see to my surprise, a HUMAN HEAD looking in my window. It was dark, so all I could make out was MALE, BALD and CHUBBY. After seeing this, all HELL proceeds to break loose.

I screamed and woke Ralph, he jumped up, ran to check on the girls, I jumped on the phone and called the Prescott Valley PD. Ralph goes outside in his boxers and slippers (MY MAN!- LOL) with baseball bat in hand. By this time, they were long gone. They had tripped the motion sensor light in the common area of the quadraplexes (3 buildings of 4 apt.'s each that share a HUGE back yard area.). When Ralph inspected the window, they'd removed the top part of the screen and were picking at the metal tape that we'd applied to keep "Spooky" from knocking out the bottom of the screen.

So the PVPD show up and don't even bother to get out of their car. Ralph tells them everything we saw and did and their response? "Oh, OK. We'll keep an eye out." They backed out of the driveway and went to opposite direction that someone trying to break into our house would have went.

EXCUSE ME!? >:-O I PAY YOUR DRIVIN' AROUND, DO NUT EATIN', INNOCENT CITIZEN HARASSING SALARY AND ALL YOU CAN TELL ME IS 'YOU'LL KEEP AN EYE OUT'???? I am seriously considering a trip down to the PD to speak with the Chief of Police. That is BULLSHIT, excuse my language. The reasoon things like burglaries happen is because there are a few officers who don't take their jobs seriously and don't patrol our neighborhoods like they should! Obviously, I met 2 of them that night. >:-/

So now, not only are we looking to move out ASAP (ask me if I CARE that I am breaking my lease!?!?!), but I feel like a prisoner in my own apartment :( We've got thick dowels in the window tracks to keep the windows from being opened from the outside, and wehn we go to bed, I burn at least one light in the house and 2 outside. I mean really. This is a shame and also the 2nd time we've been crime vicitms in THIS neighborhood. We moved here 8 years ago to get AWAY from the crime in Yuma, but evidently, there's a crime pandemic I wasn't aware of and it's seeping into tiny towns all over the state. Nowhere is safe.

So in the mean time, you might not hear a LOT from me as we've got company coming 6/17-25 and then the girls are going back East from 6/25-7/30. Hopefully Ralph and I will be packing and moving and getting situated into a house in a Neighborhood Watch neighborhood. I can dream.

Take care, hope you're enjoying pre-summer this week and tanti bachi, babies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home