Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Friday, June 09, 2006

Movin' On Up Like George & Wheezy!

Well, despite the oredeal from last night (post on THAT to come!), today turned out to be pretty fricking awesome.

I'm being promoted to Front Desk Clerk! ("Go Diva! Go Diva! It's yer birf-day!!!")

For those of you who have never worked in a hotel, this is a coveted position. Right now I am working in the breakfast buffet/kitchen 3-4 days a week and also in the laundry room 3 days a week (usually the same days I work breakfast, I just get a 3 hour lunch in between shifts.) And for 2 of the last 3 months...this has been taking a toll on my body and my spirit. It's good to work hard sometimes, but I feel like I am going to drop dead most days.

OK, first of all, laundry is just the 'red-headed step-child" of the housekeeping department. We get forgotten about A LOT --unless we fail to produce enough clean linens to stock the store rooms with for the housekeepers to use the following day. THEN, everyone is all up in our bidness wondering WHERE are the clean pillow cases and WHY is "The Corner" backed up into the laundry chute!?

Second, breakfast is run by "The BEEHIVE." This would be kind of like working for Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. I never know what mood she's in and although I do my best to be a duck (and let it all roll off of me like water does on a duck's feathers), it's just more gossipy, back-stabbing, she said/she said BULLSHIT that I would rather not deal with.

I KNOW that I've got a lot to offer the front desk. I am SO MUCH better than the jobs I've been doing. Those aren't *ME*...those are for people who like to be isolated from the public, or live in half-way houses and are FORCED to work, or old ladies who sit around and talk about their supervisor behind her back. I've got bigger fish to fry. I would be a great first contact with the guests. I just seem to have that about me. And also, with this hotel, because it's a corporate chain, I don't have to make ANY command descisions--that's all on the General Manager.

I am supposed to talk to her soon and see what kind of training schedule I am going to go on. I am there because they got rid of "The CLB" yesterday (THANK GOD - he'd been f'ing everything all up @ the FD for over a YEAR now!!!) and hopefully soon, we can kiss "The BOB" good-bye. He's about as worthless as ice in an igloo.

So wish me luck, congratulate me or tell me to shut up--but this is what I've been waiting for and I intend to take this ball and run with it and spike me a touch down at the end!

Yay, Jodi!!!!! :D

2 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, June 13, 2006 , Blogger Nicki said...

Congrats, woman!

 
At 10:42 AM, June 14, 2006 , Blogger *~JoDi~* said...

Mucho Garcias, Babe!

I am SOOO JAZZED about this!

I start training TODAY (in about 3 hours to be exact!!!)

:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home