Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Let's Play House!


GOOD NEWS, GOOD NEWS, GOOD NEWS!!!!!

Ralph's V.A. home loan was pre-approved today! WOO HOO!

This starts the ball rolling - we'll be getting with our realtor, Bob, this week to start looking for our little dream home. Most likely manufactured, but I am not opposed to that. As long as it's OURS, that's all that matters. Because this area is BOOMING. No matter WHAT we have, as soon as it's on a piece of land in Yavapai County, it's going to appreciate. In less that 10 years, my parents have seen a three-fold increase in their property value, so I think we are striking while the iron is hot. ;-)

We're looking at some big payments for a little while, but there's always refinancing and then once we get equity we can sell when the market's strong. Not very many people have the luxury of starting at the top or having a site built home built by design, so I am not seething one bit over this.

A little piece of heaven is better than no heaven at all! :o)

More info as it warrants....and expect to be hearing LOTS from me regarding buying a house. This is the one things I've dreamed of since we've been married. Wish us luck!

2 Comments:

At 4:25 AM, July 03, 2006 , Blogger Stormy said...

Good luck!! I know that this is big for you guys.

We refinanced at a lower rate a few years ago. I still don't understand all that about escrow and blah, blah. I see the amount we owe and think...give me a break.

We'll be paid off when Rachel graduates. She's in 5th grade now....

 
At 11:07 AM, July 03, 2006 , Blogger *~JoDi~* said...

Oh you bet your sweet bootay that this is a big deal! :D

In fact, I am beginning to wonder WHY we've waited SO long!?

Our realtor called this morning and is dropping off packets of listings @ work for me to look @ when I go in this afternoon.

Hey - at least you can see the light at the end of your mortgage tunnel. That's only 7-8 more years, unless you were referring to when Rach graduates from COLLEGE! LOL! :o)

I AM SO EXCITED!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home