Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Something for Saturday...

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF FALL, Y'ALL! :-D

Hope things are going as well for everyone as they are for me: I'm broke, my co-workers are crabby all the time, I've gained 8 pounds--BUT I've got my health, a new HOME and an optimistic outlook....or as my co-worker "M" says, "a Pollyanna Complex." You know - I DO pray for her. I hope that when I am old and grey, that I am not as hateful and bitter as some of the people I have the displeasure of knowing.

I got an e-mail the other day from KeeWee and it's really stuck with me. I've shared it with several friends and made some copies. The lady that owns my tanning salon liked it so much she scanned it onto decorative cardstock, framed it and hung it in the lobby of the salon. How's that for a thinker?

So I wanted to post and share it here - I am at work right now and don't have a lot of time to be "goofing off on the computer" (as "M" would say). I will have my computer at home up and running by tomorrow and if I owe you a letter/email/swap - I am working on it and I appreciate your patience with me! Have a great rest of the weekend! I'll be back soon!

I was shocked, confused, bewildered
as I entered Heaven's door.
Not by the beauty of it all,
Nor the lights or its decor.

But it was the folks in
Heaven who made me sputter and gasp--
the thieves, the liars,
the sinners, the alcoholics, the trash

There stood the kid from seventh grade
who swiped my lunch money twice.
Next to him was my old neighbor
who never said anything nice.

Herb, who I always thought
was rotting away in Hell,
was sitting pretty on Cloud Nine,
looking incredibly well.

I nudged Jesus, "What's the deal?
I would love to hear Your take.
How'd all these sinners get up here?
God must have made a mistake.

"And why's everyone so quiet, so somber?
Give me a clue."

"Hush, child," He said,
"they're all in shock.
No one thought they'd be seeing YOU."

Judge NOT.

~Author Unknown

3 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, September 25, 2006 , Blogger Nicki said...

I'm still waiting for pictures of the juke joint you now call home.

 
At 2:14 PM, September 25, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

8 lbs? You knocked up? LOL

 
At 9:02 AM, September 26, 2006 , Blogger *~JoDi~* said...

Freak: See the e-mail I sent you about scanning the photos.

Jell-O: Knocked up? I hardly think so...I had the "gas" disconnected from my "oven" the day Kaylin was born...which incidentally is right around the corner, 13 days from now! I can't believe she's going to eb 5!! (:-O No more babies for me, thankyouverymuch!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home