Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Thunder and Lightening In My Head....


Hey there, hi there, ho there!

It’s been too long and I figured I better sit down and put something of substance in here before someone sends a search party out for me.

Things here have been BUSY. As Stormy would say, “busier than a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest”…or something like that. Anyhow, I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed with things and kind of set on the back burner in a few family and social situations, but hey – it ain’t all about me and I am OK with that. Shit happens.

Biggest news is that “The Aqua Net Twins” strike again: Trish and I got tickets to go see MOTLEY CRUE and AEROSMITH on Nov 13th in Phoenix! Boo-yah! I can’t wait. I haven’t seen the original Crue line up – only saw them in 2000 when the drummer from Hole was playing with them. And I have been to Aerosmith, but I was 8 months pregnant with Kaylin @ the time and- well, let’s just say THIS TIME ought to be more fun. I like Trish and we have the same taste in music, so this ought to RAWK OUT LOUD.

Homeownership is a pain in the ass, I am learning. I had to give up some of my “fun activities” and I think I am a little bitter…hmm, wait, yeah I think I will OWN THAT: I AM bitter. I miss tanning and my lattes from the coffee shop. * sigh * I mean I KNEW there would be sacrifices going into this whole house thing – I just never knew HOW MUCH I would miss the little things. For me, it’s the little things that make life worth it.

Ralph’s being…Ralph. (:-( I don’t know what else to say? I miss not seeing him and not hanging out like we used to. I feel like I’m on my own around here most of the time. He’s been on graveyards for 4 ½ months now and it’s getting to me. I feel like this marriage is turning into a “job”…work, bills, kids, money, housework and chores...blah x 3. Especially where the kids are concerned. They miss him, too. And they LOVE their Daddy. He doesn’t talk to me so I don’t really know how he feels. Inquiring minds want to know. Oh well…if that part hasn’t changed in over 12 years, I am not holding my breath NOW. Hmph.

Work is really strange right now. I agree with what Julie said on a recent blogpost: I work with all of these older grown people but half the time I feel like I am working in Romper Room. Whatever. I don’t understand why everyone snipes and gripes and talks shit behind your back, but they are sickeningly sweet to your face? Tell it like it is or shut the fuck up. I know there’s “politics” in every job, but I am throwing down the throttle and going full speed ahead. I can’t help it if I shine. * snicker * Eat my dust, whiners! >:-)

Trying hard to start college again in the spring. It’s not going to work with Ralph’s backasswards schedule though. It’s hard to be supportive when you’re the one getting the raw end of the deal. I qualify for financial aid. That’s one perk of homeownership: We are so damned broke, we qualify for all kinds of assistance! Sheesh. Maybe things will change as far as me and college is concerned once Ralph goes to the new hotel in the spring. I hope it does.

Avon’s going OK too – if anyone needs anything let me know. Lotsa cute stuff and great stocking stuffers coming out for Christmas!! I am considering going E-rep. It’s a new thing they have where I basically get an online Avon shop. Any opinions? Let me know, OK?

Well, it’s late and there’s a cup of hot cider in the kitchen with my name on it. Take care and just know that from now on, my blogging will probably come in spurts. I am beginning to not like this as much as I used to. Oh well. Life goes on – with or without a blog.

Don’t give the ghost up, just clench your fists…….

2 Comments:

At 4:31 AM, October 26, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jodi~~
I got your message on my blog. I'm glad to know that you got the box! Of course, I got your address after I had mailed it. That happens...

I owe you a letter and I will write what happened to me in LeppLand in there. The beginning of the end...it's just crazy. I've suffered many years with the psycho Lepp fans aka Lepptards.

Oh and I have another busy line...
Busier than a 1 armed wallpaper hanger.

Love ya!

 
At 10:19 AM, October 26, 2006 , Blogger Nicki said...

I've never seen Aerosmith, but I can tell you the last time I saw Crue, they kinda sucked. I was a little disappointed. Tommy's awesome, though.

In any case, have a good time. Maybe Vince will have sobered up, remember his lines, and act like he actually wants to be there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home