Bullshit & Magic Moments

"I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT LIFE IS MADE OF THIS" ---The thoughts, hopes, dreams, complaints, grievences, and other various outbursts of a 30-something native Arizonan wife/Mother/friend/kindred spirit/cancer survivor--AND UNDIAGNOSED RAVING LUNATIC!!!(Most all images "borrowed" from Google Images-muchas gracias!)

Monday, November 27, 2006

Ice, Ice, Baby!



Whassup Bishes? Just popping in on my Monday morning. I have to work today. That sucks (cuz this is my reg'lah ol' day off), but it's also OK. We need the $.

This morning I went out to get in the car @ 8:30a to go take my Mom to her college classes - THERE WAS ICE ON THE WINDSHIELD! This is the first morning there's been any. They are calling for flurries tonight and snow showers tomorrow. I'll believe it when I look like I have a HORRIBLE case of dandruff.

Also, on Mondays, I have to drop my Mom's gym bag off in her locker in the locker room (isn't that where they USUALLY are?) and this morning was quite the shocker (and NOT in a good way!) I dropped it off and I have to walk by this row of full length mirrors to leave the locker room...well, I noticed I looked a little "chunk-ified". I thought maybe it was cuz I had on bulky sweats & such, but, I decided to dance with The Devil. I went over to the scale and mounted up.

Lemme just make a long story real short: I'm THE HEAVIEST I've EVER been in my whole entire life.

{:-( And yes, I cried about it.

Then I got mad. I knew I'd gained some weight since I started working @ the desk, but this has ultimately gone TOO FAR. It's a good thing I made a piggy out of myself for Turkey Day, cuz NO MORE- things is gonna change 'round these here parts (and hips). I know dieting during the holidays is like trying to nail Jell-O to a tree (the dessert, NOT my friend Miss Who!), but I am gonna give it my best shot. I haven't been even close to this heavy in over 5 years...since right after I had Kaylin. That was THE HEAVIEST.....today, I am ONE POUND more than that.

It's truly depressing & discouraging, but I am not whining...it's only my fault that this happened. Don't feel sorry for me. And PUHLEEZ don't tell me, "You look GREAT! Have you lost weight?" Cuz you'll not only get my middle finger in your face - you're likely to get my foot in your ass, too. Don't humor me, got it? And don't offer me or send me any sweets. I know "tis the season" but that's my weakness, so DON'T DO IT. I have some friends that also have weight struggles and they don't blog about it. I don't know why but that's THEIR prerogatives. My issue is NOT a vain one. It's a HEALTH one, so I would appreciate any sincere support anyone's willing to offer...but only if you mean it.

So, that leaves me with that thought for the next few months that "A fat pretty chick is STILL a FAT chick." (like the experience I had that I blogged about earlier in the year)

But not for long. ;-)

5 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, November 27, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sista, you and I got the same issues going on. You going to be my long distance support and we do it together? I realized the other day the McHotty the Hot Boss weighs what I do, and he's 6'4 and biceps the size of my head. I was so sad by that.

Make that a sugar free Jell-O lol

 
At 6:04 PM, November 28, 2006 , Blogger Nicki said...

You've got a difficult road ahead, and I wish you all the best. Just try not to obsess to the point where you're making yourself miserable. That's MY downfall.

 
At 9:47 PM, November 29, 2006 , Blogger Stormy said...

I don't feel the need to talk about dieting or weight loss on my blog. No vanity reasons....it's just not my thing.

I promise....you won't get any sweets from me in the mail. I feel awful for sending you some for Halloween. Sorry hon!

Good luck my dear JoDiva! I work out when I can, but with my schedule...it's hard to do. Lame excuse, I know....but it's all I got.

 
At 11:16 AM, November 30, 2006 , Blogger *~JoDi~* said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:18 AM, November 30, 2006 , Blogger *~JoDi~* said...

Julie: YES! We will be The Delicious Diet Divas! Right on!

Freak - I wrote you back about this. *sigh* "It's same ol' story, same ol' song and dance, my friend!"

Liquid - Thanks for stopping by. You rawk and so does your blog!

Robin - Don't feel bad about Hween - I had the "Chocolate Blinders" on. >:o) I am still gonna eat what I want...just not WHEN I want or HOW MUCH I want. And I KNOW what you mean about the work out schedule...you try your best, but sometimes it just falls through the cracks. I KNOW THIS! Blogging about my shortcomings isn't usually my thing either, but I am human and I am sure there's a lot of people like me out there!

Thanks for the encouraging words, guys & gals! I won't dwell on this but I will let you know how things go!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home